• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BioKleen

Paandajean

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Amanda
Hello!

I live in a really old apartment and the kitchen tiles are always disgusting. Once every couple of months I was on my hands and knees with steel wool and some 409 scrubbin' the crap out of them. I haven't done that in a few months because we now have a bird - I was told BioKleen is bird safe but I only have the surface cleaner to clean my cabinets. Does anyone else here use Biokleen? They have a floor cleaner I'm wanting to try out but before I use it I want to be sure it's really bird safe. They have a ton of products (like drain care and toilet cleaner!)

biokleenhome.com

Here's the ingredients for the floor cleaner for example:

Ingredients: Water (filtered), Glycerin (vegetable), Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside (plant based surfactant), C10-16 Alkyl Glucoside (plant based), Citrus Terpenes, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Benzisothiazolinone, Viable Bacillus Cultures
Contains no Chlorine, ammonia, butyl, glycol ether, SLS or SLES, DEA or EPA priority pollutants. No materials listed by the ACGIH as hazardous.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I have never even heard of it.

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Haven't heard of it either. Have you thought of a steam cleaner?

Paandajean

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Amanda
Haven't heard of it either. Have you thought of a steam cleaner?
I haven't! I will say I haven't ever used one before. Are they loud?? Jade is the bundle of anxiety and freaks at the vaccuum (luckily I only have a small rug to vacuum HER food crumbs off of :hehe:) but if a steam cleaner is quite I may consider it. Any suggestions?

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
my steam cleaner is more quiet then my vacuum.

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
I use BioKleen! I have a good portion of their cleaners and really like them. Their floor cleaner smells more like lime where as the other cleaners have an extremely light orange smell.

Soap.com has free express shipping if you buy over $49 of products. I have received one package where a bottle was damaged and they are super easy to deal with. I haven't been able to find BioKleens full line of cleaning products at a single store. :meh:

Another favorite that I use on my tile is Nature's Miracle Oxy Orange. I mix some with hot water and scrub away. Stuff is amazing and I use it for a ton of different things around the house; even in place of carpet shampoo. Leaves a nice orange smell for a little bit and then is gone.