• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Big'umsBig'ums

Perriewinkle

Rollerblading along the road
Ordering things left and right --- it's gonna be awesome! :bliss:

The 11 yr old I live with has been sooo upset with me. I've gotten 1-2 packages per day for a week and I've opened every single one.

Kid:"Are those your Christmas gifts"

"Yes."

Kid:"So why are you opening them?"

"Cuz Santa didn't wrap them in wrapping paper, so I can open them" *Her mother snorts at this*

Kid:"That's soo unfair! And you aren't even that nice to get sooooo many gifts!"

"That's why Santa didn't wrap them, cuz I'm not a good girl to get wrapping.. and I have to correct your behavior issues, so I can't be nice."

Her eyes went wide..

Kid:"So, it's my fault your gifts aren't wrapped??" (She was proud of this btw)

"Nope, it's your fault I get my gifts now and open them and you have to wait..If you wouldn't act out so bad n throw fits and swear at your mom, you might get gifts to open early"

She stomped off to her room n slammed the door.. mummbling something about hating me.. =D now her santa gifts might be late :devil:

Perriewinkle

I'm not nice to her. It's not a lie.

I expect her to listen the first time, and follow orders, and to do the things I ask, when I ask them to be done.

On top of that, I do not allow back talk, yelling at me or her mom, and I expect her to clean up after herself.

I am the main discipline in the house. Her mom is a push over. I'm 100% okay with her not liking me, it means I'm doing my job. She's a completely spoiled lil brat.. so if I'm doing my job, she MIGHT.. MIGHT not end up in half the trouble I'm expecting when she hits her teenage years. She already lies, hits, and yells.. and I have yet to do any of that to her. My main goal is to show her that I'm 100% with her always. She's not my kid, but I'm in the house, I'm directly responsible for how she turns out

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Wow Katie. You are not only a good Parront but also a good parent.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I'm not nice to her. It's not a lie.

I expect her to listen the first time, and follow orders, and to do the things I ask, when I ask them to be done.

On top of that, I do not allow back talk, yelling at me or her mom, and I expect her to clean up after herself.

I am the main discipline in the house. Her mom is a push over. I'm 100% okay with her not liking me, it means I'm doing my job. She's a completely spoiled lil brat.. so if I'm doing my job, she MIGHT.. MIGHT not end up in half the trouble I'm expecting when she hits her teenage years. She already lies, hits, and yells.. and I have yet to do any of that to her. My main goal is to show her that I'm 100% with her always. She's not my kid, but I'm in the house, I'm directly responsible for how she turns out
That says a lot of good about your personality.
I'm also thinking that if I was that disrespectful to an adult as a kid I would've had reasons to regret it. Maybe it's a different generation thing.

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
So, what kind of cage did you order? I would love a larger cage for Mango (my petite senegal), but the bar spacing is usually too wide for her. :(

Perriewinkle

I ordered a corner cage. the side dimensions are 43 x 43 x 25.6 x 25.6 x 24.4 without the seed guards on, and it's 73" high including the legs.

another AA member InTheAir already has several of these cages in Australia via the same company that sells them.

Bar spacing is apparently about 3/4" but we will see once I get it.

I am so excited simply because I can fit Felicia's current cage in it twice all together.

Perriewinkle

Next 2 projects (3?) are done.

I made a ladder to go from the floor of the cage to a decent level of her things it's all birch, stainless steel screws and dowel screws. There are 16 pieces total. 4 pieces make up each edge and then the middle rungs. It's approximately 44" long.
IMG_20161220_011445.jpg

The 2nd/3rd project are the bead perches a few of our amazing vendors make. Mine aren't anywhere near as good as theirs, but I like making things on my own. I also made a test one for the roommates cockatiel.. it's icky packer colors :depressed::cautious: not to mention it realllllyyy looks like crap :unsure1: so I'mnot taking a picture.
IMG_20161220_011337.jpg

On a 3rd note. The cage has been ordered and is arriving in 2 boxes. One weighing 91 lbs, the other 62 lbs.

Perriewinkle

I've never been more excited to receive wood in my life! I ordered wood rounds, on Etsy. They are from Russia.. They are beautiful.. and included with my Pine rounds is a birch round with a heart burned into the middle "From the Russian forest with love" is what I thought of when I saw it.. something on this guys etsy page.. It was soo sweet. the rounds are already kiln dried and lightly sanded. I will post pictures when I get home and pull them all out

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Merry Christmas Felicia! ♥ What a great cage, toys and setup you got! Your mom did really, really good! :)

I love all your DIY. ♥♥♥ Did you do the platform too? Or what was from Parrot hotel?

And congrats to your 600 post! :D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awesome cage and setup.

Perriewinkle

I love all your DIY. ♥♥♥ Did you do the platform too?

And congrats to your 600 post! :D
I made the platform also. I got the idea from Oliver's Garden.

And ty on the posts thing :)

This whole thread documents all the stuff I made..

The wood rounds are my favorite. That poor guy in russia who sent them to me via etsy got flooded with photos.. 20161224_173004.jpg
Like this one, showing him what I used them for. I'm really proud of my platform perch.