• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Big booty yard birds

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Are they wild?

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Are they wild?
I'm not sure, really. They come here for breakfast and sunning early then they go to the neighbors and come back here in the afternoon before going to roost. I don't know if someone owns them or if they are a wild flock. I use the term wild very loosely because they come right up to you and know my chow time call :xflove:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
The lady in the second to last photo almost backed right into me, lol. See how close she is to the table?

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Love the big butts in the last 2 photos hope no one broke wind :giggle:

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Okay, everyone be honest... who opened this thread up wondering what the heck did she post about!!??? :) And yet we clicked it anyway!!

Gorgeous birds!! We have two peacocks at the shelter now.. sorry a peahen and a peacock... He is white, she's white with brown... one topic I know nothing about!! Except that some peacocks are so fascinated by shiny things that the one at the barn where Chip used to board would chase my black Maxima when it was cleaned and shiny, then when I parked, the sucker stood there pecking at my car. Much as I love animals, I did threaten to pull his tail out if he scratched my car - yeah he didn't seem scared, didn't stop him at all!!!

Pics of them... She was found wandering the fairgrounds at the NY Ren Faire, no owner could be found and she ended up being transferred down to us. I tried for months but could not believe no one was looking for her! She was named Egypt and then Valentino was from someone who called and asked us to please take the other. His name is Valentino.... so apparently we now have peabirds... :) that's it no more.... the construction of their housing has been rather amusing, all of us are like, what the heck do we do build. I think the current build was the third attempt, sorry no photos of that. They are confined right now with just arriving. The photo of Jeanne carrying Valentino was his arrival Thanksgiving weekend.

So more booty bird pics!! Tho no one showing their booty :)

peacock4.jpg peacock3.jpg peacock2.jpg peacock.jpg

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Love the pics and the video. Its so cool you get to have visitors :heart: There a place near me where they have trumpeter swans. They are wild but so tame they take corn right out of your hand. I love going to visit them. 20140925_182906.jpg 20140727_195739.jpg

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Okay, everyone be honest... who opened this thread up wondering what the heck did she post about!!??? :) And yet we clicked it anyway!!

Gorgeous birds!! We have two peacocks at the shelter now.. sorry a peahen and a peacock... He is white, she's white with brown... one topic I know nothing about!! Except that some peacocks are so fascinated by shiny things that the one at the barn where Chip used to board would chase my black Maxima when it was cleaned and shiny, then when I parked, the sucker stood there pecking at my car. Much as I love animals, I did threaten to pull his tail out if he scratched my car - yeah he didn't seem scared, didn't stop him at all!!!

Pics of them... She was found wandering the fairgrounds at the NY Ren Faire, no owner could be found and she ended up being transferred down to us. I tried for months but could not believe no one was looking for her! She was named Egypt and then Valentino was from someone who called and asked us to please take the other. His name is Valentino.... so apparently we now have peabirds... :) that's it no more.... the construction of their housing has been rather amusing, all of us are like, what the heck do we do build. I think the current build was the third attempt, sorry no photos of that. They are confined right now with just arriving. The photo of Jeanne carrying Valentino was his arrival Thanksgiving weekend.

So more booty bird pics!! Tho no one showing their booty :)

View attachment 239080 View attachment 239081 View attachment 239082 View attachment 239083
Lol! I figured it described the scene pretty well :laugh:

Those peafowl are so cute! The one pied one we have here is the only one I can tell apart from the other peahens. She's so cute. They are so interesting. Will have to find a video of their calls to upload. Half the time it sounds like they are saying Wee-BLE!:lol: I toss blueberries out for them sometimes and they are so funny chasing them. Will go after anything that moves.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
My cellphone screensaver is the white peacock with a full fan. Makes me smile everytime I see it

Heather F

@Jenphilly oh that white fellow is so pretty! They are both lovely but he looks magical!

Rolanda

I have never seen a Peahen! I only know that they are not as colorful as the Peacocks. Thank you for posting.:xflove:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Awesome yard birds! Thanks for sharing!

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I am going to miss them so much when we move and all the Ravens too. This is like a bird lovers paradise.

Kolkri

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
Our zoo rehomed all the ones they had. They would not stay in the zoo. Kept going down town making to much noise and being messy.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Our zoo rehomed all the ones they had. They would not stay in the zoo. Kept going down town making to much noise and being messy.
They can really leave some bombs behind, lol. Poop machines