1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BHC - Not playing

Discussion in 'Caique Cul De Sac' started by deemo, 3/13/19.

1. deemo

deemo Moving in

Have had my BHC for almost a month now, hes around 2 years old, But does not do anything but eat, and sit on top of the cage, I have toys etc and a large cage and still does not want to do anything but sit, does this make any sense? I took him to the vet around 10 days back, and there is no issues.....He will step up onto my finger, take sunflower seeds from me, but wont let me touch him yet, so i am giving him time and just keeping him near me all the time.... Any thoughts?

2. painesgrey

painesgrey Rollerblading along the road

Rachel
    Give him time to come out of his shell. Even boisterous caiques can be mellow when they're uncertain, and in the grand scheme of things a month isn't terribly long for him to feel comfortable in a whole new environment.

pawfectly, hrafn and sunnysmom like this.
  3. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    It took my cockatoo about 7 months before he would do anything but sit on top of his cage (and occasionally come over for scritches). Now, he is into everything. Everything. And destroys basically one to two toys a day. :rolleyes: Be careful what you wish for. :lol: I sometimes miss those I'm just going to stand on the top of my cage days.... ;) I'm sure your bird will become more active as he settles in more.

4. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
  5. Caique_n_Crafts

Caique_n_Crafts Sprinting down the street

Melissa Davis
    Try playing with toys yourself. Try foot toys, for she toys, swings, noisy plastic toys . Mine loves plastic toys he can beat up.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)