• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BHC - Not playing

deemo

Meeting neighbors
Have had my BHC for almost a month now, hes around 2 years old, But does not do anything but eat, and sit on top of the cage, I have toys etc and a large cage and still does not want to do anything but sit, does this make any sense? I took him to the vet around 10 days back, and there is no issues.....He will step up onto my finger, take sunflower seeds from me, but wont let me touch him yet, so i am giving him time and just keeping him near me all the time.... Any thoughts?

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Give him time to come out of his shell. Even boisterous caiques can be mellow when they're uncertain, and in the grand scheme of things a month isn't terribly long for him to feel comfortable in a whole new environment.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It took my cockatoo about 7 months before he would do anything but sit on top of his cage (and occasionally come over for scritches). Now, he is into everything. Everything. And destroys basically one to two toys a day. :rolleyes: Be careful what you wish for. :lol: I sometimes miss those I'm just going to stand on the top of my cage days.... ;) I'm sure your bird will become more active as he settles in more.

Caique_n_Crafts

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Melissa Davis
Try playing with toys yourself. Try foot toys, for she toys, swings, noisy plastic toys . Mine loves plastic toys he can beat up.