• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

bf can't care for my birds need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbydp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
I am so sorry for what you are all dealing with right now. I can't imagine anyone blames or judges him. He is missing you and worrying about you and probably has been stressing not being up to it for a while and finally just blurted it out. You can't blame people for having their limits and you have to admire the ones strong enough to admit them. The alternative of abandoned and neglected animals is so much worse. If more people just asked for help when they needed it, things might be different. There is no shame in needing or asking for help. I am not close enough or really in a position to help with care of taking one in (I am fighting an illness in mine right now), but if for some reason I can help in a driving chain, count me in. I will be thinking about you all and praying for you. I am sure your very loved birds are really missing you too :( It sounds like you have really done right by them and hopefully it will all work out and they will get you back soon. Hang in there.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry. I will be praying that everything works out for you and your birds. How frustrating to feel so helpless right now. It sounds like your BF tried to keep it all under control but just got overwhelmed. I'm sure his frustration didn't develop overnight, he probably had it building up for sometime but didn't want to say anything until it got to the point where he just couldn't stop himself. So praying for a happy solution. :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Sarah I wish you the best honey...the best..I hope it all works ou t for you and for the birdies..thank you AA'ers for trying to help her.. :hug8:

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
If we do find someone that wants to foster but is further away, PM me. I belong to a national group called On the Road Again (OTRA). It's a group of individuals nationwide that volunteer their time to transport animals that are either being adopted to their permanent homes, or to foster pets needing transport to their foster homes. The group mostly does cats and dogs, but can certainly accommodate as long as supplies for the transportation is provided and we have willing volunteers. Typically people will volunteer to travel 1 "leg" which is usually a 1 hour (one way) drive, and depending on how far the pet needs to go will depend on how many stops they make. There are also stations across the states that provide over nights should they need it (I am available for that sometimes). Sometimes the legs are quite a bit longer if there is a volunteer with a private plane, or a truck driver headed in the right direction. Anyway, let me know, and give me some advanced notice so we can get the word out, and I'll see what we can do and who might be available to help.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im so sorry to hear this,I hope your babies can be fostered until you can return home. :hug8:

gritsinct

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cathy
I live in CT and if there is anything I can do, please let me know. I know your birds love you and it would be fabulous if you could foster your birds so they don't lose you permanently (if you think that is an option and you would be able to take them back in the future).

If I can help drive, help support, or even possibly foster - please let me know.

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
Oh no,I'm sorry you are going through this. I know how hard it is to be sick and not able to care for your babies and rely on others to do it. I am very fortunate to have an understanding bf who has come to love my babies about as much as I do. I hope you are able to find a foster home for your birds and I hope you get better soon,it's hard to be away from home and I pray you recover enough to make it home soon. :hug8: I know when I got home from the hospital my recovery took off and just being home with loved ones and my birds was better than any medicine the Dr's could give me.

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Sarah..sending many hugs your way,i pray someone by you can help with your birds till you are better wish i was closer,if it wasent for wonderful friends i would not have been able to care for my birds i spent a yr at hosp and am still recovering..i had a few very WONDERFUL ANGELS to help me...i was always the one to do everything but when i needed it they were there...i will be hoping the same for you

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Sarah, I will keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine how hard it would be to hear the news when you are in the hospital. That's hard enough to have to deal with anytime, but being away from your fids for so long already...wow, you have so much on your plate. Hopefully one of these options will work out for you. If I can help somehow, I will, although it would have to be more in transportation than fostering. In the meantime, I will keep praying for you, and I hope you can keep focusing on your recovery, as much as possible. :hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Sarah, can we have an update please.

Ginger

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am so sorry you are going through such a tough situation, with your birds and your own health. Sending lots of healing positive energy your way.:hug8: And praying that good homes or foster situation can be quickly found for your birds. They all sound very special, and I know they hold a dear place in your heart. I hope someone here can help.:hug8:

MBS

Jogging around the block
I just read your post. I'm so sorry that you're going through your health problems. Your boyfriend sounds wonderful because he is trying his best. He obviously loves you very much. I really hope that your birds will be able to find good permanent homes or foster homes until you're better.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
How are you feeling Sarah?

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
We each reach a physical or emotional level that is our limit. With you being sick there is stress just worrying about you by your BF and you worrying and just wanting to get better. We sure would like things different and I think right now you would be #1 on that list. First...:hug8: which are needed to heal and next lots of :heart: here for you. It is good that you have a place to come and vent and seek help. Not everyone has those options open to them.

Doreen at Home Tweet Home has a huge heart and is always the first one out to help when it is needed. She and her sisters are good people.

Sending prayers.

Peggy

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
wow AA MEMBERS THANKS FOR PULLING FORWARD AS ALWAYS YOUR
THERE IN TIME OF NEED
I REMEMBER PUTTING OUT A CRY FOR HELP CORY CAME TO MY RESCUE . AT THE TIME I WAS LOST BUT NEW IF I COULD GET TO A COMPUTER ID FIND HELP
IM PRAYING FOSTER HOMES CAN BE SET UP TILL YOUR WELL ENOUGH TO COME HOME AND TAKE OVER
BUT TILL THEN GOD BLESS OUR MEMBERS ONE FOR ALL ALL FOR ONE

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
Thinking of you Sarah~~ hoping you have found a resolution to your worries!
It is so hard when you are trying to get well having to worry about your "fabies" God Bless everyone here that has put out positive thoughts and prayers~~ Feel better soon........ :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.