• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beware the Eel

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So I was holding my little mako eel the other day and the girlfriend walked up and leaned in close with something like, “Do you want kisses?” Mind you I have already warned her not to put her face within striking range. Before I could say more than a word of warning, the eel struck and bit the tip of the girlfriend’s nose! Even though it bled a little and was bruised, I swear she was more emotionally hurt that Snerky had bitten her nose than anything else!

So last night I left Snerky’s door open while I briefly went to the kitchen and the girlfriend was in her bathroom with the door open (within plain sight of the girls’ room). I hear a somewhat alarmed, “Honey...honey, she’s looking at me. She’s in her doorway. I think she’s coming for me!” I poke my head around the corner and sure enough the Snerky is getting ready to launch herself! On seeing me, she quickly retreated and acted like nothing was going on.

Do I need to tell you guys how much I laughed? :D Just wanted to share!

As an aside, I feel privileged that Snerky (a very bold and somewhat aggressive hen) allows me to stick my hand in her cage and give her cheek/head scritches. I still have all of my fingers and everything! ;)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Lol. What a little character.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I've got tears from laughing! :lol: Oh my word! Lovie hens are really something aren't they?

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've got tears from laughing! :lol: Oh my word! Lovie hens are really something aren't they?
Yes, they are! I also love hearing my girlfriend describe her to people. “She’s beautiful but evil! Her eyes are pits of darkness!” :laughin: I don’t fear my precious danger chicken in the least, but she really inspires fear in others! :xflove:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I am laughing so hard, she better watch out! :rofl:If Snerky can’t bend graven she Will move hell:lol:

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
I laughed so hard at this! Lovebirds are so cute looking!! Ours looks like an angel. She's so gorgeous and her eyes are a little slanted to the point she looks exotic and her body language is adorable too! But I'll tell you all, she is the meanest bird I've ever met! LOL She likes to attack and it cracks me up. She was standing on my hand when poor Lucky our dog walked by and she dove to him and attacked him! I freaked out and grabbed her which in turn made her bite me like crazy. Now the dogs are afraid of her! LOL I never let them alone in the room and usually they are kept separated but man I never thought Delphine would be so Bonsai!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Yes, they are! I also love hearing my girlfriend describe her to people. “She’s beautiful but evil! Her eyes are pits of darkness!” :laughin: I don’t fear my precious danger chicken in the least, but she really inspires fear in others! :xflove:
:coffeescreen: My other half is always saying that Sherbie has "little demon eyes".

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
@familyoftwelve she is a great character:rofl::rofl: Fëanor is not quite that bad but is a very beak on bird, with Henkie I just watch his body language closely, I do the same with Fëanor but if he sees Henkie grabbing something he would like to have he bites my hand first(if he is on my hand obviously) and then flies away to claim whatever he wants:shifty::rofl:

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
@Familyof12 Lol, yeah, hold her back! Where are our pictures of your little attack bird? :D
Here is a photo of her. Look how angelic she looks!! She's mean as heck though!!! IMG_1309.jpeg

She will try to fight the parrotlets and create havoc. I've had a really hard time folding her into the flock. The budgies have accepted her fully but the parrotlets are not into her but again, they aren't into anything but each other. She's also really big and was weaned very very late. We agreed to take her when we had Tito. She was going to be for him but because I was dumb he got lost.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What a beautifull angel in disguise:heart: She looks like trouble:roflmao:Maybe in time she Will settle down a bit:)

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Noooo that sweet little birdie would neveeer bite! And don't beat yourself up you are not dumb. I nearly lost Clemmy. It was a mistake as long as we learn from it, and don't repeat it. We teach others what not to do. Then we become a lesson they don't need to learn the hard way.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Familyof12 She’s beautiful! The most wicked birdies often look the most angelic. ;) Snerky is really big, too - biggest birdy I have! I think she’s currently around 57 grams. The girls are definitely full of punch, attitude, and spice!

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
Thankfully my two lovies are usually very gentle with me, I think perhaps because they're still young (Charlie is 2 and Sawyer is 1.5)

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thankfully my two lovies are usually very gentle with me, I think perhaps because they're still young (Charlie is 2 and Sawyer is 1.5)
My boys are all sweethearts (to me) - but this hen is very feisty and the true ruler of the house! :D

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
@Familyof12 She’s beautiful! The most wicked birdies often look the most angelic. ;) Snerky is really big, too - biggest birdy I have! I think she’s currently around 57 grams. The girls are definitely full of punch, attitude, and spice!
Snerky is a big bad girl:lol:At first I only had Henkie, he weighs around 61 grams and when I first looked up general weight of a lovebird I got so worried because most websites said they should weigh around 50 grams:rofl: Fëanor weighed 40 something when he came here and is now on 53 grams:)