• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beware of Michael Tran and Sue Jones

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Im on a few FB groups and the breeder "Michael Tran" and his accomplice "Sue Jones", are BIRD SCAMMERS.

Pretending to sell parrots and they even are owners of certain large member FB pages.

To date they have scammed many people of thousands of dollars.

If you are dealing with either of these people please PM me and I'll send you screen shots of their scams-in-action and things they tell the victims to make them stay quiet.

I dont know if this is allowed here but from what I know, these two people are big time scammers and I just want to prevent others to end up in an unfortunate situation. Mods/adminds, please delete if this is innapropriate.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hope they will get punished big time somehow.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
truth never hurt any one but the guilty , I had a long discution on that one day in privet here I will never say with who but I had a hard time explaining to them always be homest and found out it has never sunk in . and yes I have saved the discution cause for some reason in some way it might come in to being required but it wont be by me
hope you posted on fb cause many there could be scamed

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Finally! He's been around for some time.

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Michael Tran has been arrested by Garden grove PD
Is it the same guy? Because the one that was just arrested was involved in an armed robbery, vehicle chase, and was shot at by police. That seems a bit more hardcore than someone who scams people using exotic birds.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Seems to be lots of Michael Tran's & a search on bing & FB did not pull any up selling birds. Did see a consumer complaint reporting a scam where a buyer lost a $750 deposit put on a macaw.

:darkcloud:

M Angel

Checking out the neighborhood
just checked google "michael tran arrested Garden Grove"--wrong one--to bad. He lied to me also and riped me off also.

M Angel

My mistake!

Tran, Michael 09-28-1979 Male Vietnamese Street
Jail: Intake/Release Ctr Arrested By: Garden Grove PD Feb,9th

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He is Teflon. You're in good company, sadly.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:extremeanger:Sorry but for every low life scammer they catch there are hundreds waiting to take there place.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine

rabidtypist

I just wanted to chime in on the Michael Tran topic, as I was probably one of his biggest victims (back in 2013). He did much more than just scam people on exotic bird deals, I can tell you that... he forged checks in my name, wrote bad checks, opened credit cards in my name, and disappeared with a borrowed car (aka "auto theft"), among other things. Oh and he also "borrowed" $900 from me to buy some bird (macaw of some sort) and of course I never saw that money again. I was stupid enough to believe a lot of his stories when I first met him, but finally wised up.

But like an earlier poster said, he's Teflon for some reason. Very good at lying, very good at falsifying documents / ID theft, etc. I told everyone in authority I could, but as far as I could tell, nothing much ever happened (though my stolen car was eventually recovered).

Not really sure what the deal was with Sue Jones... she was like his assistant con artist or something? Pretty much just went along with whatever Michael told her as far as I could tell.