• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BEWARE OF Bird World LLC

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This stuff makes my blood boil. Grrrrrr.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I remember seeing a few posts on craigslist with people complaining about them & with some pictures of cages outside with birds with absolutely nothing except a food and water bowl.

I'm normally the type of person to take action when I see wrong doings happening but in this case, I am not really sure what would be a good option.

I'll send a complaint to the BBB and reach out to the people running this to get some more information about what exactly they are doing.

That also just reminded me please stay away from HSL Animal Pet Paradise Pet Store in Kissimmee Florida. They sell exotic animals. I recently went to a bird expo where I saw the conditions they were keeping their birds in. There were sick, injured, and unweaned still not fully feathered baby birds there with no heat source. I called the lady that does the advertising and complained about what I saw and she said she got complaints about them before lol but yet you still accept their money for renting a space? Okay make sense. There are also complaints about them having untreated sick birds mixed in with the health ones.
Your other option is to contact the ASPCA but unless you have a location for the birds in the pix I don't think anything will be done. If they have food and water they're considered appropriately cared for. Not by good bird keeping standards but by the authorities that have the power to change or fix things like this.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Hint...watch out for the LLC...Limited liability co...REALLY!!!
This is about BIRD WORLD, not LLCs in general!!! LLC is a tax liability status.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I see those "avian rescue offering a forever home for your free bird" ads on Kijiji all the time, and they're all so bizarre and shady. I don't understand how anyone could trust them, but I feel so bad for the birds who are handed off to them by people who don't know any better.
I can only imagine the deplorable treatment they're forced to endure before being shipped out to the highest bidder. Ugh.
I actually accidentally got two of my birds from one of those scumbags. I thought he was just a $_#&"€#@^/@/^:)-" abusive owner, but nope, I found out he was actually taking in unwanted birds into his 'loving home'. I didn't know Bull was in such a terrible place and had to run back for Triss when he put her up for sale, too. And then I saw him asking to take in more birds...

ETA: The same □7○□<《《♡◇●○<▪°er was also trying to "adopt" Yen from Bob. He basically spammed Bob from multiple different emails.

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I know that on CL people who've been scammed or know of a scammer/bird flipper have set up a listing warning others. I'd assume you could flag the listing(s) but I'm not sure. I try to steer clear of CL & FB unless it's family or people I know.

I've seen those ads "Will take your bird into loving home (for free)". It's the "for free" that just gets me cause it's the biggest flag around.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Oh man, I saw that on CL. I'm surprised the warning ad didn't get flagged - a lot of them seem to. It's interesting to read a response from them, all of those ads looking for a free bird while still promising to be able to provide for the bird strike me as strange.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
I know that on CL people who've been scammed or know of a scammer/bird flipper have set up a listing warning others. I'd assume you could flag the listing(s) but I'm not sure. I try to steer clear of CL & FB unless it's family or people I know.

I've seen those ads "Will take your bird into loving home (for free)". It's the "for free" that just gets me cause it's the biggest flag around.
@SandraK is RIGHT!!! Avoid CL to avoid flippers!

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
The only reason I mentioned the difference is that the reply I got mentioned it and I was a bit puzzled.
You did the right thing!!!
Too often people don't even know the differences between LLC, Inc., Co., etc. Many members aren't even US citizens and never actually deal with these specifically (Most countries have their own business types.)
I just wanted to point out the difference between a specific business and a business type.

Kenu Turk

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kenu
I just found this on this forum. I am Kenu Turk. My wife and I along with our 2 children are the curators of Bird World LLC. As I read through these absolutely false claims about me and my family I am completely dumbfounded how someone can make false assumption and accusation with absolutely No merit or proof of Any wrongdoing. We have NEVER SOLD ANY BIRD DONATED TO US. EVER. Yes, I have sold birds very few, but yes I have. I have had many people try to buy birds from me that were relinquished to us for a forever home, but they are here till they die.

I have my own birds that I have bought, some out of the situation they were in and some just because I love the birds. I just bought 3 pair. One looks like you put them in a dryer “feathers completely mutilated”, one that has a huge raw sore over about 1/3rd of its head and one with its eyeball busted. I am and will continue to put my money where my mouth is. We are and WILL continue to make a difference, no matter the cost.

All the birds that we have are and were not given to as you call it “for free”. Many of these “free” birds have problems that end up costing me more money than if I had paid for them and just bought a bird. I take in “free” birds because I want to make a difference in their lives and if someone doesn’t want the bird I would rather get it and take it out of the cycle of resale over and over again. Most of the “free” birds we are given will NEVER be a pet bird again. They have problems that’s why people give them away. Most (not all) have lived such a horrible life they will NEVER allow anyone to touch them again. The trauma most of them have endured has left them scared for life.

You have levied charges against me and my family that we do not take care of our birds and neglect them or that I’m a “bird flipper”. This is absolutely FALSE. I spent over $15,000 last year taking care of our birds. YES, I HAVE THE RECIEPTS! What have you done? Did you spend your money? Did you spend hours and hours caring for them, building aviaries, caging, taking them to the vet or anything else. NO. I DID. What you did is place doubt in people’s minds that may need our help, cause birds to be neglected and hinder them from getting a forever home instead of being resold again and again. The person on Craigslist is just another naysayer just like you with NOTHING but FALSE ACCUSATIONS. So what, I sold some of my parrotlets. They’re mine and I have every right to sell a couple if I want to. They are not abused and neglected birds we have taken in period and you or no one else has the right to tell me I can’t.

We are going to build Bird World Bird Park in the near future and this will be the final home for our birds and all will be welcome. At this time we do NOT allow people to our home for our safety and the safety of the birds. People steal birds. Here in FL it has been a huge problem. People have even been murdered over their collections. One example is the “Loxahatchee Horror”, those people disappeared without a trace and no one knows where. They took what they wanted and the owners too. If it offends someone that we do not allow visitors here. I’m ok with that. Our safety and the safety of the birds is far more important. When we have guards at the park then it will be different. Don’t be so judgmental because we want our birds and my family safe.

I WILL BE GLAD TO TALK TO ANYONE about birds or what we do. Call me 904-625-2242. I am a open book. I will be glad to discuss anything about birds or bird keeping with ANYONE.