• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best mess cleaning tools???

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I usually leave the beads out about 24 hours to make sure the little holes have time to dry out. I'm worried about them getting gunky.
Should I feel weird for blowing in the hole to remove the water now?
And I do own a compressor with compressed air hose, but why making it so easy? :D

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I know, beads are cheap, why not just dump them? Well, they're still perfectly good and they do add up;
That is recycling, and recycling is good! :) I never throw anything that I can recycle.

And the used tree branches is going outside after changing them. They will be good hotels for insects if you drill some holes in them.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Do you like the nature's miracle? Is it bird safe? I want to try it.

I love nature's miracle! They make one for birds and one for small animals, both of which have sensitive respiratory systems. My rats start sneezing immediately if something is irritating and they have no symptoms with NM. It seems very similar to AviClean in terms of cleaning power and scent, but I actually like the NM more.

I'm really sensitive to scents too and it doesn't bother my nose or skin (for reference I can't even use Tide detergent as it makes me break out.)

Last edited:

Parrot Hotel & Shop

Hit the Road
Real Name
Stephanie
I love nature's miracle! They make one for birds and one for small animals, both of which have sensitive respiratory systems. My rats start sneezing immediately if something is irritating and they have no symptoms with NM. It seems very similar to AviClean in terms of cleaning power and scent, but I actually like the NM more.

I'm really sensitive to scents too and it doesn't bother my nose or skin (for reference I can't even use Tide detergent as it makes me break out.)
That's really good to know. I just want to make sure that it's safe for the birds and works well :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That's really good to know. I just want to make sure that it's safe for the birds and works well :)

I haven't been able to find anything stating it's not. The ingredients are

Water, Nature’s Bio-Enzymatic Blend, Oxygen Boosters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Methlychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Methylchloroisothiazolinone, also referred to as MCI, is a preservative with antibacterial and antifungal effects within the group of isothiazolinones. It is effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, yeast, and fungi.

Methylisothiazolinone, MIT, or MI, is a powerful synthetic biocide and preservative

In comparison AviClean ingredients are water, enzymes, surfactant, fragrance.

So basically a similar product just without the antibacterial properties.