• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best cage brands?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would purchase a King's aluminum cage if any were available again. They are supposed to have them back in stock at some point. Would depend on the price point because they are generally $$$ and with a newer modified version they might be even more expensive.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would purchase a King's aluminum cage if any were available again. They are supposed to have them back in stock at some point. Would depend on the price point because they are generally $$$ and with a newer modified version they might be even more expensive.

I would love my King's Aluminum more if it was flat top. The dome top is harder to decorate with a territorial bird LOL

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I've had a small HQ flight cage that's held up extremely well for the past ten years. Recently I bought the A&E equivalent. They look about the same but the paint, fasteners, and wire is all clearly higher quality in the HQ. In the future I would probably buy more HQ cages.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I just wanted to say I'm so very sorry about your sweet baby of 21 years! I can't imagine having them that long, and they pass away - Oh my gosh! When I lost Lucy in 2002, I thought I'd die of heartbreak. :arghh:

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
I just wanted to say I'm so very sorry about your sweet baby of 21 years! I can't imagine having them that long, and they pass away - Oh my gosh! When I lost Lucy in 2002, I thought I'd die of heartbreak. :arghh:
Thank you so much. Yes, it is very, very hard. I miss Cosmo so much and I feel so bad that I wasn't there with her when she passed. She was staying with my Mom and Dad. They called me to say something was wrong but by the time I got there, she was gone. I keep playing this over and over in my head and it causes me a lot of pain.

I have lost other pets in the past, but nothing has been as tough as this. There is something very special about the bond with a parrot!!!!

TheOddFlock

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
I have 2 You & Me (Petco) brand cages and a Prevue hendryx cage. The You & me cages seem to have stronger bars than the Prevue cage. And the Prevue cage detached from the bottom while I was carrying it the other day, chipped a corner.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I like A&E but their coat of paint is pretty thin, unfortunately. I wouldn't get another one for my macaw. I should've gotten the Kings Cage version instead. Live and learn.
HQ is great for smaller birds, my conure seems pretty happy with his flight cage.