• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bella just figured this flying thing out

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bella wasn't a bird that really seemed to want to fly. She gets clipped a few times a year when I am having a big party or when she is traveling to Grandma's but otherwise, she is fully flighted. But she wouldn't fly much. Well guess who figured out that flying is useful? Her favorite game now is to land on me, to have me put her somewhere else in the room and then to fly to me again. She has also figured out that if I am eating something that she wants, she doesn't have to wait for me to get her. She is definitely becoming a more confident bird. Also, she is awfully good at landing. She will land either on my head or shoulders all of the time. She has also figured out that if she lands in my closet on the clothes hangers, I get her very quickly so I don't have to rewash my clothes. Am I in trouble?

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It's great she figured out flying!! :fly2:I wish Echo would do the same. So far he's really timid about flying and only really flys when he's spooked

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
It's great she figured out flying!! :fly2:I wish Echo would do the same. So far he's really timid about flying and only really flys when he's spooked
Bella is treat oriented. She saw me eating some forbidden popcorn and she wanted some. I wish she would do that with veggies!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Am I in trouble?
BIG TROUBLE. You're now going to have live with a bird that has free choice and the ability to make them whenever he feels like it. You're going to make him very happy. Shame on you. :D

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
BIG TROUBLE. You're now going to have live with a bird that has free choice and the ability to make them whenever he feels like it. You're going to make him very happy. Shame on you. :D
I know. She already rules the roost here. I guess this is now Bella's house and I live to serve her. She will come to me whenever she wants to but she makes me bring her back to her cage even though she can do it by herself. Is that not the definition of a princess?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
LOL Yes, you're in trouble. :) But good for Bella- flying is good for her. :)