• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bella is too smart for her own good

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I am starting to pack for a trip to see my family. Since I do go away quite a bit, Bella knows the routine. So she was doing the typical "I'm not happy" squeaks until I took her into the pantry where her food is and started packing a few sprigs of millet in a bag. Then she did her surprise squeak and now is grinding her beak because she knows that she is going with me to see Grandma. It is funny. Her mood changes whether she sees her hotel cage in the car or not. When she sees the hotel cage, she knows that she is going on a trip, when she doesn't see a cage, she yells at me because she knows that I am going without her. And yes, she has a hotel cage. Does anyone else's birds do this?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
She's so smart! And excited now to boot.:fairy2:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
It's is a routine in her life now. Parrots love routines because they make them feel safe.

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
Chloe had a hotel cage, too! The hotels along the way knew she, George and JoJo by name. I think they were more welcome than I was! JoJo, my parakeet, hates to travel, but Chloe and George loved it. (I learned to just have a friend stay here for JoJo.) If their cages weren't waiting, I'd never hear the end of it!
They also figured out the "routine" and
I was usually too slow for them.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
We never give our birds enough credit! Bella is just like a typical 3 year old toddler, Smart as a whip & Sharp as a tack!! Get used to it as it won't ever change!!!
Trust me, I know. It is Bella's world and I am just a part of it.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
It's is a routine in her life now. Parrots love routines because they make them feel safe.
I know. Everything I do with Bella is a routine. In fact, when I board her, we count the days that I am going to be gone and she knows that she is going to see Aunt Rachel and Uncle Mark.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
er mood changes whether she sees her hotel cage in the car or not. When she sees the hotel cage, she knows that she is going on a trip, when she doesn't see a cage, she yells at me because she knows that I am going without her. And yes, she has a hotel cage. Does anyone else's birds do this?
Milton has the same type of reaction when he sees his travel cage...which means HE'S GOING OUT! He'll start running around like an excited kid as I'm getting the cage ready...and he'll run over and GET IN THE TRAVEL CAGE...sometimes even before I get done getting it ready.

When we're getting ready to come home...it's the opposite...I'll bring him over to the cage, and he'll grab the top of it, run away, and yell "BUT WHY?"...making me look like a real meanie...