1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bella injured herself today

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Princessbella, 2/10/19.

1. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    @Princessbella Didn't you say you got some hand feeding formula for her. It works well as a soft food and has a lot of nutrients in it. When my birds were very ill and wouldn't eat they lived on feeding formulas for weeks - hand feeding them. I would mix some Almond butter, papaya and tofu in it for additional energy. You can blend it in the blender.

Did the vet give you pain meds and antibiotic for her? it's important that she have both.

Poor, poor baby girl.

2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    Oh no. I'm so sorry. I'm glad Bella is going to be okay. Can you microwave and mash some sweet potato? Maybe some rice? And if you need anything, please PM me. I can bring things over to you.

3. WendyN

WendyN Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Wendy
    Prayers for Bella and for you.

faislaq and Princessbella like this.
  4. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

And that is what friends are for...... bless you @sunnysmom

5. Princessbella

Princessbella Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month

Theresa
    Thank you Michelle! Right now I am good but I will let you know.

faislaq and sunnysmom like this.
  6. Princessbella

Theresa
    Thank you everyone for their suggestions, thoughts and prayers. Bella is definitely feeling a little better today. She tried to play with her shredders. She gets an antibiotic and pain meds every 12 hours. I am also hand feeding her right now. She remembers that she likes the taste and work is letting me bring her into the office when I am on a late shift to feed and medicate her. She does eat rice and I will try that with soaked pellets. But I have plenty of handfeeding food. She right now has that food face that baby tiels have and she is sleeping on my chest right now. She is in need of a lot of cuddles and I am happy to give them to her. You guys are so great.

7. fashionfobie

fashionfobie Walking the driveway

Natalie
    What a nightmare! I will be sending positive vibes to your and Bella. Poor little Bella :sadhug2:

I am so happy your work is so understanding! That rocks!

8. Princessbella

Theresa
    Soaked pellets were a no. Organic macaroni and cheese on the other hand was YUM.

9. rocky'smom

rocky'smom Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

laurie
    What brown rice sp'ghetti?

faislaq and Princessbella like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)