• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Belize Zoo photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom B

Walking the driveway
Jaguarundi

Toucan

Tapir

Tayra

Paca

Scarlet Macaw (of course he had better things to do than to pose for me) ;)

Ocelot

Turquoise-browed Motmot

Harpy Eagle

Last edited:

Tom B

Walking the driveway
Might be because im using an ipod not a computer :/ heard a few other people had problems with that

Tom B

Walking the driveway
Yay downloaded tapatalk and reuploaded photos works fine now :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The animals are stunning! Matt

Tom B

Walking the driveway
Oh what parts of Belize we were in a town called San Ignacio then we were on ambergris caye for 5 days and Caye Caulker for 2 weeks. Out of 5 months so far travelling in South and Central America Caye Caulker was by FAR the best bit :)

Unfortunetly whilst we were at the zoo watching the scarlet Macaws 2 of them started nipping and squaking at eachother and one of them ended up pushing the other of the cage bars like 5 metres up. Luckily there were some zoo vets watching them as well so they ran in and took it away, i think it had broken blood feathers and a broken wing dont know what happend to it after that :(

Tom B

Walking the driveway
Beautiful Tom! I went to Belize two yrs ago. The city is very poor. We went to an off the track little zoo that was actually very sad. Lots of large iguanas running around though. The parrots were not well taken care off. We were able to visit a wonderful Bird sanctuary/rescue there though! That part was beautiful.
http://forums.avianavenue.com/bird-boulevard/87659-belize-bird-rescue.html?highlight=cruise
:( so sad when animals arnt properly taken care of, where was the bird sanctuary and what birds were there?

Status
Not open for further replies.