• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Before and after

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here's the story of my king betta julius.One afternoon I ran into petco for frozen bloodworms and things. always have this littlle chant.."don't look at the bettas, don't look at the bettas...Anyway I went directly to the freezer got my bloodworms stope to check out the live plants..no anacharis that day.Oh well
i thought and headed for the door.Still reciting my chant..Something caught my eye..:huh:There behind one of the shelves was a cup a filthy dirty cup.I couldnt even see clearly into the water.I guess someone had placed it there and no one saw it for quite sometime.:confused:Well in the cup was julius..he was really to big for the cup but thats beside the story.He was knocking on deaths door.I didnt need him...and really really shouldnt bring him home.:rolleyes: I asked ot speak to the manager and he said he would take 10% off of him he probably wouldn't make it. That day i paid for bloodworms and julius.heres his before pic...he was so thin and starved.

I came home and set him up in his own cycled 10 gallontank.Honestly he didnt know what to with all the room.I added plants and his own cave.YOu know from that first day he slept in his cave every night and still does.It took him awhile before I knew he was definitely going to make it.He's fiesty and full of life and waits for me demanding his food and some attention.So if you like a fish... with alot of personality maybe a betta is for you.:hug8:This is Julius today

Last edited:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, he sure has grown a lot!:) He is so much healthier now! Thanks for rescuing him!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Hi Julius! You are looking really good now thanks to your mommy's TLC!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you for saving him!

Matt

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
AWe what a great story...I am not really into fish, but i am so touched by this. He looks so much healthier and his fins and coloring are beautiful. I am so happy for him!

Jadesmom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mary Ann
Julius looks more like a "Julie" in the pics.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
he's adorable

did his colors actually change shade from the before pic to the after pic - or is it just the lighting/flash??

I see Betta's at our pet smart and they're always in a small bowl like thing (i have something similar we put colored rocks and a candle in it (well when i used candles) so that should tell ya how big the "bowl" is the candle in ours is a small glass jar candle

but they're always so dirty and foggy water and they always having them facing each other so they do their showing off thing (i forget what its called) but you look at the actual tanks of fish - crystal clear plants and all - never did understand that

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
you are a sweetheart my dear..bless your heart

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

AvianAngel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ashleigh(Nikki)
He is cute sadly my mom hates fish (loves any other animal but truely hates fish) so I can't have any.

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
He has filled out and blossomed as far as his coloring goes. Fantastic job with him.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
he doesn't even look like the same fish :)

I love bettas, they are full of personality - thank you for taking him home

:hug8:

dorn27

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kristi
His fins are still quite short, but much much healthier.... still looks like a girl growing in to me... are you sure it doesnt have a white dot on it's belly?

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not all bettas are long finned..The king betta was orginallythought of being older plakats sold at petco.Their fins aren't long.

Status
Not open for further replies.