• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Been gone a while but wanted to introduce Charlie Baltimore

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Hi everyone. I've been gone a while. I thought I'd start working again because I was so bored but I soon remembered why I stopped! LOL I walked off the job and the same day my daughter was rushed to the Emergency Room for septic infection that was really severe. They induced a coma and she's was brought out yesterday. She will be in the hospital until the 15th as she is still in critical care.

While this was happening, I thought everything was falling apart. Then out of the blue one day, my hubby came home with Charlie. Oh my goodness, my daughter is still in the hospital, I'm still feeling the sting of leaving a job due to the weirdo I didn't want to work for (she said my vibe was off-whatever) and when I saw Charlie, I felt all the terrible feelings fall away for a moment and felt so happy. I cried and cried. Poor Charlie probably thought something was seriously wrong. Little does the cutie know he's saving my faith in life.

Charlie Baltimore.jpg

Here is Charlie. He's been with us now for almost three weeks. He's been my lifesaver and joy. He's never had blackberries and he obviously loves them. He was being fed frozen veggies and when we gave him a cob of corn he didn't recognize it. I cut it up and oh man, he ate the whole cob!! LOL He likes fresh way more than frozen. Lucky for us we live in California and everything is available all the time.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that your daughter was so ill and good that she is now out of the induced coma. Hope that she gets out of CCU soon and goes home happy and healthy. Also sorry about your job situation.
Congrats on getting Charlie. What a sweet husband to surprise you with him.
Charlie is very cute!!

RyleeRae

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rylee brinkerhoff
Congratulations on getting Charlie! He’s sooo cute!
Sorry about your daughter:sadhug2:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Glad your daughter is on the mend! Charlie is adorable and settling in very nicely! :yah:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I am happy that your daughter is getting better and that Charlie is helping you. Charlie is adorable. I love messy beaks

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Charlie is beautiful :) hope your daughter continues to improve daily, so glad your hubby thought of such a special gift to bring some comfort in such a painful time❤

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hope your daughter improves by the minute!
Congrats on Charlie!:hug8::heart:

CristineK

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cristine
Sorry about your daughter and congratulations on your little baby!

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Thank you everyone for your kindness! Too many things at once. It's nice to be forced to focus on someone so adorable!!! He talks constantly which cracks me up. I'm having so much fun and with everyone keeping me busy it's nice. Thanks for all the good wishes. You all are so terrific. I'm starting to feel better as I'm back but the rest of my life is just falling apart and it's all okay. I'm good a cleaning. Thanks so much everyone! You are best here!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Bird's do safe lives, I can testify too!:heart: I can't wait to hear more about Charlie and I can't even express how happy I am that your hubby decided to bring him home. Having Charlie to love, watch over and play with is such a great way to take your mind of all the troubles in your life:heart: For me my fids always make me see the beauty of life when I forget about it, no day can be boring with a feathered friend by your side:) And remember that if you ever need to talk about something, this forum is absolutley great and there are many many people who will stand with you through the pain:hug8:

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Thank you Eloy very much. Right now he/she won't leave me alone. He follows me through the house. He's really shy with everyone except me. LOL Everyone knows I'm a pushover. He's so adorable and I'm so in love. I never ever thought I would ever have one but it's like a dream come true. Especially during this time. I'm super hoping my daughter will get home for the holidays but we won't know for a week or so.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
It sounds like your bond with him is great:heart: