• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bear and Shadow

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I realize I don't share pictures of my dogs often, or even photograph them much due to my poor photography skills and their curiosity towards the camera. I really need to be better about that, they are getting older and someday all I'll have of them are my memories and the pictures I've taken. I suspect that time may come sooner rather than later, at least for Shadow. :(

So today on their walk I took the camera along, and thankfully it seems to do better with motion on larger subjects than Peanut or I wouldn't have gotten a good picture of Bear. I swear whenever that dog is holding still he is never facing me. When he stops it's all butt.
He may be nearing 11 years old but he's still pretty healthy for his age and active. He does have some kidney failure but with his new prescription dog food he's even returned to a healthy weight.

Shadow isn't so mobile anymore with all his health issues starting to pile up but he still loves his daily walk. We just take it slow and easy. Happy old man face. :heart:
I want to make this year the best I can for him, full of love, because I have this sad feeling it's his last. He's 13.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are gorgeous! :heart:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They look like healthy happy seniors! :)

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
They are great looking seniors for sure.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are both beautiful dogs. I am sure that they enjoy the fresh air during their walks.

Matt

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's so sad our BFF have such short lives! But did get som great photos :xflove::heart::xflove::heart::xflove:

birdle

Beautiful dogs. I know the feeling of thinking a senior dog will pass but just enjoy each new day with them

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Thank you everyone.
I was in a sad place when I posted this, about Shadow, but I really want to try to focus on the positive and your kind words helped. :hug8: