• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Beans?

Luvss2ride

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lynn
20170117_152831.jpg I buy random frozen veggies (please no lectures on fresh being better). But I bought a different kind last week.... then looked at the Do Not Feed list again today and beans is on there. Now I'm worried about what they've been eating the past week :cry3:
Exactly what's bad about beans?
Thank you

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
please no lectures on fresh being better
I will not because sometimes the frozen one have better quality then the fresh ones.
I think it's more important how you cook them. The right way is never to cook them at all. Not in water and not in the microwave.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Hot water is good, I use it to thaw frozen veggies, you could try cold water, I've heard it works too.:smileflower:

Luvss2ride

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lynn
I usually put the frozen veggies in their dishes first thing in the morning and let them sit on the counter about 15 or 20 minutes ..... then they are thawed and I put them in their cages
And heaven forbid if I am late with their veggies... LOL

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
The thing about beans is that they must be cooked. They can be toxic if ingested dried. I don't, however, feed soy beans. I don't know if they're actually bad, though.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If you only fed adzuki, lentils, garbonzo, sprouting peas and mung beans, you'd be okay feeding these cooked or sprouted!!!

All others *MUST* be fully cooked for human consumption in order to be considered safe for birds. I choose to skip them. Makes life easier. :)