• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beans and Bongo

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Quarantine is officially over!!Beans got negatives on his Beak and feather, poloyoma, Borna virus, and psittacosis. His white cell count was a little high, which bothered me, but she didn't seem concerned and said that a new environment and good husbandry usually fixed that right up. I am thinking about taking him for a recheck this week though, since they will be moving in together at some point soon, but he seems very healthy. He's going in the bird room tomorrow and I'll give them some time to get used to each other before putting them together anyway. I finally decided on a cage, lol. I saw the Loro flight here at a store that has no animals and ended up getting it. I was going to get the double flight initially, but it won't fit in and out of the bird room because of the hall. If I got two singles and put them together I wouldn't be able to use the stand. When I saw the Loro in person I realized that it would be perfect to put two together for a 5x2 because taking off the side panels doesn't affect the legs. So I bought that one and am ordering the second. They are 30x24 each, so technically an inch bigger overall than the regular flight. I am so excited for beans. He has been throwing his SS food dish off the cage wall like a tiny blue hulk! So bored in there by himself and he can hear bongo chattering away. So anyway I figured I'd start a thread to document them becoming buddies. Will post updates along the way. Here's the one cage. I'm in the process of setting it up. I love setting up cages, but it's different when you have to allow for flight. Definitely not enough room with all the stuff they have in that tote there, lol
image.jpeg
And the boys
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
The boys are pretty, good news on the tests :)

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
The boys look great!! They're gonna be best buds in no time!!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Great cage & great news. Boys are cute & will be happy to have some company.

:dance4:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Love the cage! I'm so happy for you all about the lab results :dance4: Those are 2 cute budgies :xflove:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Beans is in the bird room! So far they are both trying to get out of their cages to get to each other. That is actually making me a little nervous because the cage beans is in has bigger bar spacing and even though it says 1/2 inch I think it's a little more. I'm a bit worried he might try to get his head through. I'm setting up the big cage now just in case he needs to go in it sooner than planned. I attached a top from a smaller cage I used to have on the side near bongo for right now so he can't, but it doesn't cover the entire side. They may end up going in together today or I will need to go buy another small cage and that seems stupid for just a day or two. Ugh. Anyway, they are on the cam if anyone wants to watch them. Here's the link
weeble cam on USTREAM: watch weeble chew wood all day long =). Birds

And a pic
image.jpeg

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Cage on right does look like the spacing is big. Hope its ok.

Are they going in the Loro?

Ohhh Web cam! Goody

Last edited:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Let me try moving the light. Might help

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Hmm...looks about the same

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Doesn't look like its working Maybe the system is down?

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Its all black! Have you tried to remove the lens cover?! :D :p

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
And now you removed the lens cover, thank you! :) :D

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
In my experience intros took a very short time!! I put cages next to each other and all they wanted was to be together which I did it the same day or next and they were so happy together!! Their anxiety was because they couldn't get to each other when that's all they wanted!! Once together the anxiety was gone!!

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Oh no! Ok just restarted it

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
In my experience intros took a very short time!! I put cages next to each other and all they wanted was to be together which I did it the same day or next and they were so happy together!! Their anxiety was because they couldn't get to each other when that's all they wanted!! Once together the anxiety was gone!!
Oh that is good to hear! I may just try tonight then. They are just staring since I put that extra panel on beans' cage

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I have the same experience with budgies. They love to be together. ♥

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Oh that is good to hear! I may just try tonight then. They are just staring since I put that extra panel on beans' cage

Budgie IME don't need a long intro at all!! I say go for it if they are already trying to get to each other. After all they have been talking from a sustenance for whatever me time now.....who knows they were rescued badly talking about the strange humans who are keeping them apart and planning there r revenge on them! LOL

Did to see my thread on "Robyn and Rio....." yet? They have 4 healthy strong chicks!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I'm sure they have been talking to each other for 30 days so somewhat familiar except for sight. I'd probably let them sleep alone tonight & introduce in AM so you can monitor there interaction & intervene in case of sqabbles though I can't wait to see them happily together.
If you do put them together tonight make sure you have enough time to supervise & see how it goes before they go to sleep.