• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak... Fangs?

Tessiebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Taylor
So Tessie's beak has these little.. Well I don't know what else to call them but they look like fangs made out of her beak. I'm not sure if they're part of her weirdness or something that needs checked out. She eats and drinks fine without any pain but since I can't find anything about them on google I thought I'd check here too.

Attachments

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
All I know is Bird would be very jealous.

Also, I saw a conure on Craigslist that had literally no beak, and the people (jerks) who were selling it for $500 said it was healthy. And it did look healthy. And it did not have any special needs, according to them. While I question their credibility, the bird did indeed look healthy.

Last edited:

Tessiebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Taylor
All I know is Bird would be very jealous.

Also, I saw a conure on Craigslist that had literally no beak, and the people (jerks) who were selling it for $500 said it was healthy. And it did look healthy. And it did not have any special needs, according to them. While I question their credibility, the bird did indeed look healthy.
That's horrible! Poor little birdy. But yeah Tessie doesn't seemed hurt or annoyed with them so maybe they're okay? She doesn't pick at them and she eats and drinks everything fine, I just didn't know if they could be a problem in the future.

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
It's just the shape of her break, like she's not grinding it down in those spots. Maybe some different kinds of toys would help? Has it always been this way?
I would ask your vet at your next visit, that's just me. I am constantly drilling my vet with questions, I'm a worry-wart and sometimes feel like I'm asking stupid questions but she is always patient with me and answers all my questions. Best of luck!

Tessiebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Taylor
It's just the shape of her break, like she's not grinding it down in those spots. Maybe some different kinds of toys would help? Has it always been this way?
I would ask your vet at your next visit, that's just me. I am constantly drilling my vet with questions, I'm a worry-wart and sometimes feel like I'm asking stupid questions but she is always patient with me and answers all my questions. Best of luck!
Yeah, she's had them since we got her a few weeks ago. That's a good idea about the toys though, thank you. I'll make sure to ask the vet too.

Sand

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sand
My RayRay rest in peace, had those, they shreaded my skin, my vet used a dremel to smooth his beak it was just the way he used his beak to play with his toys that would make them misshapen like that