• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak Appetit. Help me find it!

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
I used to feed George the senegal the Beak Appetit line of foods. It was a mix of grains, vegetables, and herbs, designed for small parrots. You heated it up and fed it. George was in absolute ecstacy when he ate this stuff and it was very healthy as well. I used to buy it from a petshop in downtown Toronto all the time. Then they stopped carrying it. I complained, which accomplished nothing. I was looking for it online but can't find it.

Can anybody help me?

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
What is the ingredient list ? Maybe we can help find something similar.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
As far as I know it is discontinued. The closest thing is Worldly Cuisines. I also miss the beak appetit.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
My guys liked it as well. But between Worldly Cuisines and my homemade "Chop" they eat well. My "Chop" is easy to make it's rice, and quinoa cooked and then I, using a small food chopper, finely chop up broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and spring greens and mix it all together. I even cook the rice and quinoa in the microwave, 1/2 cup mixed grain (washed well) to 1 cup water, cook on high for 6 minutes 10-14 at 50%, you'll have to feel out your microwave to get it right, you want to grains cooked but not dried out.

Cool mix and serve ( not with wine though) ;)

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
As far as I know it is discontinued. The closest thing is Worldly Cuisines. I also miss the beak appetit.
Oh wow there's something else out there that's similar? That's awesome! Where can I get the worldly cuisines in Toronto Canada? Don't mind buying online if ncessary.

What is the ingredient list ? Maybe we can help find something similar.
I don't remember :(

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
Thank you Karen that seems like a similar product to beak appetit!

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I have used the Bird Street Bistro but they quit carrying it locally. I will have to order some offline and Da Boyz seemed to like it. Quick and easy to prepare, smelled good too!

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I am not sure about places in Canada but it has to be available there. It is made by Higgins and they are everywhere. I will say it is easier to just make a grain bake of mixed goodies and add to chop.
Has anyone used Crazy Corn. Been around forever and I cant believe I've not used it.