• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Be still my heart...Columbus, OH people

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
There is a baby (and I mean baby) maroon bellied conure at Tru Valu pet. He is adorable and if my hubs had not been with me, I would have scooped him up. He talked, whistled, called to me and did the baby cry. OMG he was adorable. This coming from the "no more pets, vet bills be killing me" old lady. However, if someone wants to pick him up, vet him and bring him to my door, I wouldn't say no...:xflove:

No pics...sorry but maybe a good thing for me.

3718 Fishinger Blvd, Hilliard, OH 43026

But if someone is looking...in that area...he is adorbs.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think you need him....... :) (If not him, there are 2 little cuties at our rescue. ;))

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
You need to go back without hubs, sorry to say.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I think you need him....... :) (If not him, there are 2 little cuties at our rescue. ;))
Lisa is trying to entice me to take a pair that they have too...she'd even deliver. I have to tell you though when everyone got so sick on me at the same time, I was ready to give up if they all died on me. It was pretty crushing...I can admit that now that I'm seeing some light and not feeling so despondent. I have several that need their checkups yet... I just don't want him to miss out on his forever and possibly heart person because I have cheek-i-itis.

And Jewel is being a shameless hussy and wooing Tuck again. She's messing up my balance! Argh...

But I may check in on him later...no, no, I'll be good. Have to finish the aviary too...he costs 60 bags of 55lbs of gravel...gravel...gravel

and I have been stalking little Anthem :heart::heart::heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
he costs 60 bags of 55lbs of gravel...gravel...gravel
:lol: That's actually a good way of looking at it.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if there might be gravel or other aviary supplies on CL or other sites near you that would cost less than retail? A good way to cut costs! bats lashes.gif

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:lol: That's actually a good way of looking at it.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if there might be gravel or other aviary supplies on CL or other sites near you that would cost less than retail? A good way to cut costs! View attachment 309455
It might be cheaper to get it dumped but then I'd have to speedily get it out of the driveway...bags were just easier on me...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Lisa is trying to entice me to take a pair that they have too...she'd even deliver. I have to tell you though when everyone got so sick on me at the same time, I was ready to give up if they all died on me. It was pretty crushing...I can admit that now that I'm seeing some light and not feeling so despondent. I have several that need their checkups yet... I just don't want him to miss out on his forever and possibly heart person because I have cheek-i-itis.

And Jewel is being a shameless hussy and wooing Tuck again. She's messing up my balance! Argh...

But I may check in on him later...no, no, I'll be good. Have to finish the aviary too...he costs 60 bags of 55lbs of gravel...gravel...gravel

and I have been stalking little Anthem :heart::heart::heart:
Anthem is a cutie. The rescue was the selected charity of the Anthrocon convention this year. (Which was amazing.) And they had Anthem there one day as the rescue representative. :) Unfortunately, I wasn't there that day but my understanding is that she did really well and is a great bird.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We had a family joke for years. Everyday I woke up, I said I would try not to color my hair or buy a bird. Both promises were very difficult.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Well I checked on him...I could not get him off my mind.

So far he is more interested in playing and eating. He has not called once to the flock nor has he done any type of bird call or chirp. He talks and quacks and whistles.

EA4614D5-A2AC-490C-9397-A691BA64E911.jpeg

FE53B0B6-8081-47BB-9A36-CA126C4D4935.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
You checked on him or checked him into your birdie hotel??

He’s adorable :heart:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh I feel you on the Vet bills............still reeling in from more here too. Looks like you are like me when you cannot get them out of your mind. :p
I needed a bright green spot. I’ve seen other babies at the store before. Saw a pineapple at a different store but for some reason he really hit hard and I’m fairly positive he’s a he. Soooo we shall see...

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Well I checked on him...I could not get him off my mind.

So far he is more interested in playing and eating. He has not called once to the flock nor has he done any type of bird call or chirp. He talks and quacks and whistles.

View attachment 310280

View attachment 310279
In true conure fashion it looks like he's already discovered the camera in pix 2.

Lol check in!
I figured this would happen - he's very cute and young greenie to add to you family. :heart::heart: