• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BB is wanting more attention

Ppoi

Strolling the yard
BB, lovebird, is starting to want more attention from us. She has been with us for 6 weeks. Previously she has been wanting to be with our budgies all the time. When we would interact with her away from the parakeets she was wanting to go back to them.

On Saturday I was able to hold her attention for about 40 min (usually been 5-10) She hung out on me for 15 mins., she preened a little, picked at my sweater, and I talked to her. My arm got tired and I put her on her cage. She chirped from on top of her cage, I than held out my hand and said "jump" and she jumped onto my hand. I excitedly told her good job and other things and she was very happy. I placed her back on top and we did it again, and than again...like a game. I really enjoyed how she was giving me her full attention. I also fed her millet while she was on me, after the game.

On Sunday morning, when I let her, out she remembered the game. She wouldn't go on my hand at her door like usual. She ended up climbing to the top of her cage and chirped to jump on my hand. We did that only a couple of times because I had to go do some house work. On Sunday she stayed with me a few times for 10-15 minute sessions, and she seemed quite comfortable. So yeah! I was worried she would prefer our budgies over us, but she is wanting our attention.

I a couple of weeks we will be getting a pineapple conure, and our family will be complete. My husband and kids are excited because they want to interact with our birds more than they want to interact with us, lol. So there will be one more for everyone to play with. We are set for our conure, each species has their own cage and play area away from each other.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for the update