• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BB in a harness-picture

Ppoi

Strolling the yard
Picture of BB in an aviator harness for first time. Was easier to put on than I thought, the hard part was her waiting till I got it tightened. She didn't seem to be too bothered by it she chewed on it a bit here and there. She walked around on the grass, sidewalk, rock, and we set her in a small tree in our front yard. I held her while she looked around listening to birds far away.

I was worried how she would act after wearing the harness and being outside for first time, but she was just as herself. She wasn't mad or upset with me. She was in a little shock for a bit when we first came back inside and took off the harness.

If she seems to be okay with it in the future it will be great to take her places with us. Our conure will be next to harness, but will wait till she gets settled with us. 18301441_10207045202607947_3592945556988994394_n.jpg 18301894_10207045202167936_1881117254664317649_n.jpg 18423991_10207045202207937_5336754908981872601_n.jpg 18424196_10207045202247938_1944667442201391443_n.jpg

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I would love to be able to do something like this with Gracie but I think she is to set in her ways.

Ppoi

Strolling the yard
BB is only a little over 4 months old, so easier to harness. She doesn't bite yet and loves attention. We will see how she takes to the harness after her first molt and after she turns to an adult. She can't fully fly at this time, she slowly goes down across the rooms. After she molts she will have way more independence flying all around so she may change her attitude on us being able to handle her so well. I wanted to give her this option of being able to outside with us.

My husband took the pics while I kept an eye on BB. The problem I found taking her outside was she was checking out the leaves in the tree with her beak. I am like "don't try to eat that", while pulling the leaf away from her.

safehaven

Sprinting down the street
Picture of BB in an aviator harness for first time. Was easier to put on than I thought, the hard part was her waiting till I got it tightened. She didn't seem to be too bothered by it she chewed on it a bit here and there. She walked around on the grass, sidewalk, rock, and we set her in a small tree in our front yard. I held her while she looked around listening to birds far away.

I was worried how she would act after wearing the harness and being outside for first time, but she was just as herself. She wasn't mad or upset with me. She was in a little shock for a bit when we first came back inside and took off the harness.

If she seems to be okay with it in the future it will be great to take her places with us. Our conure will be next to harness, but will wait till she gets settled with us. View attachment 249642 View attachment 249643 View attachment 249644 View attachment 249645

Omg your pictures are so beautiful!
I just bought the aviator harness for my
4 month old and have not tried it yet! Glad to know it was easy for you!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
She is so cute :)

cherrytea

Sitting on the front steps
Cutie! Did you find the hole for BB's head was a little small? Was it difficult to get on? Im currently harness training Pekoe but both of us are not very confident with that head loop. We have the aviator mini.

-- L

Ppoi

Strolling the yard
I was using the aviator petite, and it fit her fine. I bought that size for our conure, but I wanted to try it on BB. I didn't actually think she would allow me to put the harness on her so easily, so I didn't buy a harness for her. I figured if she doesn't seem too bothered by it I would buy the "lovebird" size. After I got it on her and tightened it up, I felt and saw that she would not be able to get it off.

When I put it on her, slipping her head through the hole for was no issue. I got it tightened around the her body and I felt it wasn't too big at all. It was not loose around her body, and there was no way for her to get out of it. When it is on it does not slide at all. Getting it off of her was of a pain, she wants to back up when I need her to go forward to get her wings out. I have to loosen the harness A LOT to get pull her wings out safely. After I get the wings out I than need her to back up to get her head out. She doesn't follow my directions, lol. Before I put it back on her I tighten it up quite a bit, since I had to loosen it so much to get her out.

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I'd love one of these for Kamara but she would never ever let me put it on her! Haha