• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baytril= reduced appetite

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
George hasn't been stuffing his face as much since he's been on baytril. It's been 2 weeks of it and he needs another two weeks. I got worried so I've started supplementing his diet with 4 daily feedings of baby parrot mash. I don't see a problem with this. He's still eating solid food. Just not enough. He inhales the baby mash it's his fav thing.

Does anybody see a problem with this?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
No, as long as he eats. Baytril can cause decreased appetite, it's a side effect. Maybe ring the vet and let them know.

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
No, as long as he eats. Baytril can cause decreased appetite, it's a side effect. Maybe ring the vet and let them know.
I already discussed this with the vet and we're going there day after tomorrow. I just wanted additional input :). George is eating some food of his own accord right now here beside me.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
If you have a gram scale weighting once a day will be helpful to make sure he's maintaining weight. Otherwise offering some treats and extra tasty food while he's on the meds should be fine.

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
If you have a gram scale weighting once a day will be helpful to make sure he's maintaining weight. Otherwise offering some treats and extra tasty food while he's on the meds should be fine.
I'm going to get a scale. He'll be weighed by the vet day after tomorrow. There's no tastier treat for him than (thankfully nutritious) baby mash so that's taken care of :D