• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bath time!!

lisaraby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa
Indie has decided that the best place/time ever for a bath is when I sit down with a glass of water. Apparently cold water from the fridge and a narrow cup is the optimal bath setup. The unfortunate part is that she also needs to be sitting ON me when she bathes - so I get a bath too! Aiye!

Any ideas on how to convince her to bathe in literally anything else? Any suggestion is appreciated!

If you want to keep up with Indie you can check out her instagram (@indiethelovvie). She's a cutie!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Hehe I am following you now! Fëanor loves to bath in my glass too, But he has no problem bathing in other things thankfully! When he baths in my glass I sometimes take him to the sink, put my glass in it with Fea on it, and turn the water on. Usually he takes a bath in that too.
Have you tried making a cup of your hands next to the running sink water? A shallow bowl of water? Wet leafy greens? Have you tried taking her into the shower? Offered an extra big water bowl? Spraying her? My Tiel wouldn’t bath, and those are the things I tried with him:)

lisaraby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa
I'll try all those things. I tried a shiny baking tray with a little water in it and millet right in the centre, but she just jumped over to the bowl the millet was in. Clever thing. The issue I'm having is she runs/climbs/flies away when I go anywhere near a tap. I haven't tried the shower at all, so that might be a good next step, but again she flies away and is obviously scared, so I don't want to force her into it. My latest idea was a cat water bowl that's metal and is shallow, so I was hoping she'd see her reflection and give it a try. Gotta work on that one!

I'm keeping up with your babies now too - I love the birdie community on Instagram!!

maddie wingett

Moving in
Real Name
Maddie Wingett
Thanks for the bathing tips. I have only had Chico for a few weeks and haven't even got to bathing him yet..just working on getting to know me and handling him, which is not working out at all but needed the bathing tips as well..so thank you ♥♥

ergunm

Meeting neighbors
both of mine mostly take bath in a shallow bowl of water or in my hand next to running sink water. when they are bathing in my hand I sometimes put them in the sink and they continue there. but this happens only when they want. I run water in my hand to try, sometimes they just ignore it or fly away but if they want to have a bath they quickly go to the water.

you can try to not give bathing chances a couple days and try after that.