• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bath Time Around Here!

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I give everyone baths when I clean cages and I took pics this time. Everyone is getting big except for the little 2015 baby. She's still tiny!

I'll start with Bodacious even though he got his bath last....he is living up to his name. He is a little @$!#@%$$!...but he is a Kingsnake so I was kind of expecting it. I've been giving him time but he got me again tonight. So I'll be wearing my old riding gloves from now on when handling him. Every time he tastes skin he bites but he didn't even bother when I put the gloves on. He isn't aggressive he just bites whenever he scents my hands. I know I don't smell like food...I've been careful (plus today I wasn't even feeding) and the second he couldn't taste my skin he was fine such a weirdo. Or I'm just fine as a food substitute.

Little Athena. She too has a lot of attitude! I'm thinking she will even out as she gets older.

Riddick. He is getting thick and his adult colors have really started to show after his recent shed.

Ivy. Pretty as ever of course plus shes getting long!

Eve. My beautiful little problem eater who worried me quite a bit in the beginning. She is finally growing steadily and moved up food sizes!

Vera is getting dark! She shed the other week but is going through a growth spurt and is ready to start another shed already. I'll have a black snake before I know it.

My still unnamed white sided rat. The side he scrapped up is healing nicely and I expect after a shed or two it will be like it never happened. You can barely notice now even without a shed. In the second pic you can see the spot that has a slight discoloration...that is where he accidentally scrapped off a piece of shed too early on his log. He is no longer allowed wood until he is bigger...and less of an idiot...

I'm actually thinking Roy as a name for this one...no idea why but I'm still undecided! My big butt albino chinese beauty. He has gotten bigger after feeding on small rats for a couple weeks. Getting some weight to him and he seems longer but that may just be my mind playing tricks on me. Somehow I am able to stuff him into this small container...

Lastly Cordelia...my usually beautiful girl is actually bordering on ugly right now...well okay I'll admit I do think she is ugly right now:jawdrop1: She looks like she is brown again like she was as a baby...I've never seen her look quite so bad during a shed before now! I was very surprised when I got her out of the hide...for a second I was like who are youo_O

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They're all beautiful!

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
They're all beautiful!
Thanks:D I'm trying to have some self control and not buy a baby I found...I have extra set ups for a smaller one but my rack for the adults isn't coming in until late Oct early Nov...so self control...

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
The ones that like water, you should try the bathtub some time. It's fun seeing the snakes that swim. Offer a resting place in case they're not into it. :D If you've never tried it before and want to, that is.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Your snakes are very nice.

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Love all the pictures!

Jamy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jamy
I'm so glad I only have to look at them in pictures. I really do think they are very beautiful but only in pictures. I have a HUGE phobia for snakes and spider's. I think you are very brave!