• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bath help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmurph43

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kim
Hi everyone! Ok, so I asked my breeder, before Lucy got here, what type of bath she liked. The breeder said that Lucy enjoys misting and will get soaked to the skin sometimes. I have had her two weeks today and I can't get her to like anything. I have tried the misting and she flies away, she will stand in her "tub", a bowl I use, and step out or poop then step out:rolleyes:, I have tried the shower and it scared her. Thank God she recovered quickly and didn't hold a grudge, that I can see. I have tried running the vacuum and that didn't work. Any tips? I just want to make sure that she is getting clean. She preens a lot so I know that she is cleaning but she hasn't been "soaked" yet. Oh and the smell of a Pi...yummy!!! Thanks!

I am going to post this in the Bird Blvd section too so, sorry if you end up reading it twice.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
She might just be scared and nervous still. Once she trusts more they usually warm up to it. Ralphie isn't too keen on baths regaurdless I mist him sometimes but he showers with me a lot. I know he also takes baths in his bowls occasionally.

Kmurph43

Real Name
Kim
I tried the shower but I stood next to her. Should I get right in? I have no problem with that at all!

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I would wait until there is a stronger trust relationship, ralphie has a perch I put in there and he's not actually in the water, when I shower he just gets misted from it splashing off me then he also gets the steam. How long have you had her?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I have a shower perch that hangs over the shower door. About every 5 days I take Andre my BH Pi in the shower with me. He loves it when I splash the water on him oe when it splashes off my head. He does not like the shower stream directly on him.

Kmurph43

Real Name
Kim
OK...thanks! I have only had her two weeks. I just want to make sure she gets everything she needs, including baths:)

brdfvr

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Krystal
I mist my Pi in the tub. He always gets soaked to the bone. He used to shy away initially, but now he opens his wings and flaps like crazy! I agree with the trust/relationship comments Pi's take a very long time to trust someone. I have had mine about 7 months and he still doesn't trust me to pick him up from his 'safe' cage (anywhere else is fine). However my Pi was DEATHLY afraid of humans when I got him, a well socialized baby may not take so long. Take it slowly, you have a very long time to have a relationship with him. He's not going anywhere and forcing yourself on him isn't going to do anything but damage his perception of you for the long run. Congrats on your baby :dance5:

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
Maybe still adjusting? I'd climb right in if it's going to make her feel better. :)

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Risa likes coming into the shower with me, but I don't think she'd stay if I wasn't in with her. She hates being misted. She's a 1+ yr old BHP and I've had her since she was weaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.