• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Banana Chips

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Has anyone purchased banana chips from Drs. Foster & Smith? The ingredients are 100% chips with no preservatives.

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
No but mine LOVE the banana chips from harmony house foods.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I get all of my food from Avian Naturals

jen2016

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
I included an order of banana chips from AO just to try out. Well, didn't take long to make an addict. Jack knows what cabinet those chips are in and makes a beeline for me when I touch the cabinet door.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks. Trying to order a few other items that none of those places have so wanted to try out the banana chips but was hoping to find out what others think of them. Also want to get free shipping.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No but mine LOVE the banana chips from harmony house foods.
I checked out the "stuff" at Harmony House previously but didn't see banana chips just the freeze dried bananas. Is that what you get? Do you rehydrate them or just serve them as is?

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Yes, checked them and mine are freeze dried. Omg, they LOVE them; that's their fave and the freeze dried mango are a close second. I love them too..we just eat them dry and I give them as treats.
I bought the fruit variety pack, those two are the best. Pineapple was liked too-strawberries and apple dices were hated.

Drs fosterssmith is having a 20percent off sale though, go for it. I'm placing an order tonight for multiple pets, lmao.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
20% off doesn't include sale items. Wish that they had the 15 pound box of Caitec Oven Fresh Bites medium size but they only carry the 28 oz. bag.
I want to order Prime for my fish tank but don't want it sent with the bird stuff in case there is spillage. Don't think I have enough for free shipping to place another order with just fish "stuff".

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Ah I saw that..yeah none of my stuff was on sale. Had to get hamster food for my daughters hamsters and bedding too, so thankfully the 20percent applied...tax though! I'm used to not paying tax online :( lol
Sometimes harmony house foods has 10-20percent off, check retailmenot

If you want the oven fresh bites in bulk I assume your bird(s) like them..good to know! I've never tried them.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Most of my birds like the oven fresh bites. I generally buy that at Petsolutions.com because they have the best price. Was hoping for a coupon from them but haven't received anything and am getting very close to needing to order more.

Drs. Foster & Smith started charging tax when they were bought out by Petco. At least they have kept their prices low compared to Petco.

Looks like there is a 15% off coupon code at Harmony House. AT15

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ordered banana chips at Drs. Foster & Smith. Hopefully they will be OK. There are banana chips in the Volkman Super Hookbill but lately seems like lots of the ones in the seed mix are just too brown for my liking. I let the customer rep know about this. I just toss them. They are probably OK but if I don't like the way they look I'm not going to give them to the birds.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I will probably forget to ask, so after you try them let me know if your birds like them. When I run out and have to place an order with the Drs I might try some of theirs.

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
I cannot get four of my birds to eat those bananas they are very hard sometimes i break them into smaller pieces but no luck they just toss them out. Wonder if there is a difference in freeze dried and regular dried or is it all one item

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Freeze dried is what I get and they are not hard at all. Easily breakable.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not all of my birds eat the crispy banana chips but I have a few who love them and it's the first thing they pick out of their food dishes. I never tried the freeze dried ones but will probably place an order with Harmony House at some point in the future. I assume the freeze dried ones might be a bit softer??
None of my birds will eat fresh banana slices.

@WallyLoopey I'll let you know what I think about them.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Yes, the freeze dried are softer..crisper..crunchy, not hard at all.

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
Hmmm after how many years here i learned something new today. My blue and gold loves fresh bananas and will eat it like he has never seen one before but the rest are not too fond of bananas. I guess that will go on my list to try the freeze dried thanks Kate.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Honestly I hated dry fruit until I tried the harmony house kind...
And my birds hate fresh bananas too, lol

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Yes, that 4 pk is only $47 on their site. (Harmonyhousefoods.com) My birds love 3 out of the 4, the pineapple is good to me though.