• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ball for parrotlet?

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I am looking for a ball like that to try and get Pichu to play with. Do you know wher I could find them? It really has to be as tiny as a marble and not too light since we want to use it in a ball running rail.

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
I'm pretty sure I saw something like that at petsmart. If not there try the brandname website. That's a Holee brand I do believe.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm pretty sure I saw something like that at petsmart. If not there try the brandname website. That's a Holee brand I do believe.
Thanks! I'm not in the US so no petsmart here, and I don't remember seing any at our local petshop. I'll try the website

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I hope you’re able to find it! That will be so cute and fun for Pichu!
I get frustrated for you just reading how you have trouble finding supplies there. It’s such a shame, it shouldn’t be so hard for someone trying to care for their pets. It’s a good thing you’re crafty enough to make a lot of your own stuff, I’d be screwed lol

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hmmff.. :shifty: Found only larger balls for larger birds or dogs. The only "trick" toy for small birds I found was a clicker :meh: even on international sites there is nothing...
I'll end up making one myself I guess...

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Ughhhhh
On a happier note I just noticed your new profile pic!! He’s so gorgeous!
Soo happy for you, this is just meant to be :heart:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Ughhhhh
On a happier note I just noticed your new profile pic!! He’s so gorgeous!
Soo happy for you, this is just meant to be :heart:
Thanks! I am so used to my upside down owl, I have to look twice to see this was my message! :roflmao:

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
Hmmff.. :shifty: Found only larger balls for larger birds or dogs. The only "trick" toy for small birds I found was a clicker :meh: even on international sites there is nothing...
I'll end up making one myself I guess...
I'm so sorry you couldn't find it. I went to PetSmart today and realized that this wasn't the same ball I was thinking of. I don't know where they find this small of a ball but I've been looking for a small oneon while as well.

Did you happen to look on Amazon?

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Your could try a toy store. Small child safe toys are sometimes ok. I got Pi rubber ducklings from a toy store. So would be worth looking. :)

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Your could try a toy store. Small child safe toys are sometimes ok. I got Pi rubber ducklings from a toy store. So would be worth looking. :)
I'd look for beads.
I've been thinking of toy stores, but 1 cm in Ø isn't really child safe until past 3, and then we'd go over to beads, which gave me the idea to bore holes in the balls that came with the sky rail in the first place. I also made a couple of balls with holes in clay, I have to bake them today and see if they hold...

20190713_123841.jpg

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Seems Pichu is a handy bird after all. Mommy's tools are sooooo much more interesting than a room full of toys, and he actually made the sound of the drill too! Drrrrr!! :roflmao:
The clay balls don't pass the skyrail test 100%, they get stucked in wheels, but the drilled ones are fine, he manages to hold them.
At that point, drawers are still the most interesting thing anyway!

20190713_135601.jpg 20190713_135732.jpg 20190713_142558.jpg 20190713_144917.jpg

Last edited:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Pichu was not interested in balls rolling in skyrails after all, no matter how many balls I let down, and no matter how many holes there was in them for him to handle them :shifty:

Such a disappointment :sad6:

And then, I got another idea :bounce8:

Pichu studied it from afar for about an hour before he tried it. :) Obviously the skyrail is a wonderful place to dry your beak full of chopped veggies and to kill your bell toy... his old owner said it was his favorite toy, I've only seen him be very angry at it... found it thrown in the fountain from the other side of the cage... Mirror with bell 0 - Pichu 1 :muahaha:

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
May I ask what kind of cage that is? I upgraded Paulie's cage but it's taller more than it is wider and I really wanted a wider cage. Yours seems wider more than taller...

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I love it!!! Good job, I knew you’d find a way to make it work.

Is there an updated score for Pichu Vs. bell today?

Also, MUST add- Pichu is gorgeous, he’s such a pretty mix of greens and blues :heart:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
May I ask what kind of cage that is? I upgraded Paulie's cage but it's taller more than it is wider and I really wanted a wider cage. Yours seems wider more than taller...
I don't really know, I bought is second hand from someone who had used it for gerbils. It came with 2 platforms and a bridge, doesn't have a tray, but works fine for us. There is no brand name on it either.. it is 74x42x78cm

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I love it!!! Good job, I knew you’d find a way to make it work.

Is there an updated score for Pichu Vs. bell today?

Also, MUST add- Pichu is gorgeous, he’s such a pretty mix of greens and blues :heart:
Thanks, he is gorgeous, I can't stop watching him and the variations of colors in his feathers... I removed the bell, no point having him getting crazy over it, he got a ladder with balls and his drawers instead, they take much place...

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Thanks, he is gorgeous, I can't stop watching him and the variations of colors in his feathers... I removed the bell, no point having him getting crazy over it, he got a ladder with balls and his drawers instead, they take much place...
That’s understandable, I was trying to pay attention to the toys in your vid and I couldn’t lol He’s sooo pretty :joyful:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Talking about Pichu's colors, I noticed that he loves them... :loveshower:I have several bluish green boxes in the kitchen, he goes to them, wiggle dances and cuddles his head against them.. :hug9: On the other hand he hates orange, he got very aggressive toward the orange part of my tea cup once he was out and I was drinking from it, he tried to kill it.... :whip2:
Have you noticed similar likes/dislikes from your small feather balls too?