• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bait and his replacement

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
3 months ago my daughter won a gold fish at the fair, she named him Bait. Well, for reasons unknown, he passed away today :( I was changing his water and he died in the cup he was in. I change his water every week and always catch him in a cup. I'm wondering if the cup had some residual soap in it, we don't have a washer so things get hand-washed, I didn't rinse it before scooping him in it.
After having a tear filled fish funeral down the toilet and then 21 cents later at the pet store we now have Sharkbait!
Lesson learned, thoroughly rinse out cups before putting fish in them! image.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I am sorry about Bait. But I have to say I like your daughters sense of humor.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Is that it's permanent home? Looks minuscule for a fish! I'm not a fish person but have seen the palaces people provide for their single fish on AA.

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
I think he is swimming on the other side of the container and it magnified him, he looks huge in this picture! They seem to enjoy swimming between the roots, but I'm going to have to plant those soon and put some smaller ones in! Unless he gets huge this will be his home for now! It actually holds 3 gallons of water, which is more than some "single fish" or betta tanks I've looked at :(
I am sorry about Bait. But I have to say I like your daughters sense of humor.
it's my 6yo to boot! For such a young kid she has the greatest sense of humor!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I think he is swimming on the other side of the container and it magnified him, he looks huge in this picture! They seem to enjoy swimming between the roots, but I'm going to have to plant those soon and put some smaller ones in! Unless he gets huge this will be his home for now! It actually holds 3 gallons of water, which is more than some "single fish" or betta tanks I've looked at :(

it's my 6yo to boot! For such a young kid she has the greatest sense of humor!

wow! i thought it was a drinking glass! lol! Ignore my comments!

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
wow! i thought it was a drinking glass! lol! Ignore my comments!
Haha nope! It's huge! I received an orchid in it a long time ago and have been using it ever since to grow "spider babies" and now a gold fish :)

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Sorry about the loss of bait.
I have three of those feeder gold fish from the pet store and after a year we had to put a pond in our yard lol. They started in a ten gallon and just grew and grew so we got a smallish 115 gallon pond. For being only a few cents each they look beautiful swimming around the lilies.