• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bad news...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We might be coming to Erie in the next couple weeks. If you want me to pick something up for you here at Whole Foods, I'd be happy to do so.
Thanks for the offer...we went to the organic store and got the chamomile tea..along with organic honey. We'll get those together and sneak some into Milton's water today. He's picky about eating and drinking, so we'll have to be careful how we get it into the water bowl...and into him! ;)

Still no picking today...I'm taking him out to do laundry this afternoon...it gives him something to do, and it's easy to keep an eye on him...;)

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry this is happening again I was really hopping that it was all over ..something I totally recommend is https://greywoodmanor.com/ teas ...there are teas for plumage /plucking and for inflammatory conditions https://greywoodmanor.com/products/cool-and-sooth and https://greywoodmanor.com/products/pretty-plume ....I have used these teas for all sorts of other things and have loved them and my birds love them I give them to drink as well as put them in their chop ...I feel since they have been formulated for birds they would be your first choice to help Milton they have been proven to help plucking conditions by several people that I have read about you can also spray them directly on the bird ...give them a try you can also join Jason's facebook page if you would like to talk to him directly about them Log into Facebook | Facebook ..he will be able to help you with any questions you have about the teas ...best of luck I truly hope you get this under control :)

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
I'm sorry to hear that Milton is plucking again, I hope you can find something that helps.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
I once read of a bird plucking and the owner collected the Feathers glued them to a piece of cardboard and hung in the cage. Her theory was That if the bird was going to pluck, she would rather her bird plucked feathers glued to a piece of cardboard than feathers attached to her body. I don't think this was to cure the bird of plucking but rather to stop the physical damage.

Sorry I can't tell you if this worked as I was banned from that forum. Some of the mods and their followers (inner circle) didn't like being show their lack of empathy towards parrots owners.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Oh so sorry Bob. I know you will love Milty feathers or not.

I hope he feels better.