• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bad News and Good News

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
So, this isn't really a question more of an update. the only Avian vet in my province is more then 8 hours away and although my town is quite small it does have around five vets, unfortunately though none of them are qualified to treat birds, and if they do then its only finches, canaries, and budgies. I didn't know that Lovebirds can be considered exotic pets so it's going to be difficult for me to find someone who can treat Leo. The good news is I'm just on the edge of British Columbia though, so there may be an Avian Vet in Alberta. Until then The Vet said that they are trying to get someone with more "exotic experience" because apparently there as been a resurgence of "exotic" birds in my town. So until then I'm just gonna have to keep looking!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
GOOD luck.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Maybe one of your local vets would be willing to learn more about birds. A lovebird is not much bigger than a budgie. Did that vet refuse to see him?

ZteveBond

Walking the driveway
Maybe one of your local vets would be willing to learn more about birds. A lovebird is not much bigger than a budgie. Did that vet refuse to see him?
No, they just said that they didn’t really have any knowledge. And they are trying to hire someone who know more about exotic species.