• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bad Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
Oh what a bad morning. I was cleaning my tanks and got the gravel vacuumed up and when I went to switch it on to fill the switch snapped and broke and I got water everywhere. I have three tanks and did a 50% water change. I had to fill all the tanks up with a bucket. It took forever. I got it done though. Im going to go get the switch at pet smart this morning for it but what a bummer. Im pooped out from it.
But I did a little re-decorating. I took one of the decorations out to give the pleco more swimming room since he’s huge and clumsy. Plus the barbs need more swimming space and it was a bit to cluttered.

My tank is not green, I don't know why it turned up like that in the pics.

Last edited:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, I feel for you! I have had that happen before. Also waterall over the floor due to back up! Towels, towels and more towels! I hope you have a better morning!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy looking at your tank photos.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
I love big plecos. My dream is to one day have a handful of bala sharks and a big pleco in a 100gal long or better. For now I just have my betta, lol! Your fish look so healthy. :)

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Thanks guys, Im glad you like the pics. :D

Oh, I feel for you! I have had that happen before. Also waterall over the floor due to back up! Towels, towels and more towels! I hope you have a better morning!
Oh yes, he is a very big pleco! His name is Mr. Plec. I had him since he was a baby. Years and years. They are awkward swimmer so I made some more room for him.

I got some meal worms at pet smart yesterday and the fish gobble them up like spaghetti, lol. Yuck! But they do love them.

Yes, it is a mess when water gets everywhere. But it got all cleaned up and I got a work out with filling the tanks up by bucket, lol. I had a better morning after.

Status
Not open for further replies.