• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bad boy trouble...

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Twitter has been a bad boy recently, more aggressive, excited about anything and biting easier.

Yesterday he attacked my youngest budgie through the net of her cage and cut her claw off... She is fine today but hasn't learnt a thing :leslieatwork:
He was with me under strict surveillance today but managed to fly to their cage and although it took me only 2 secs to come and get him, she had managed to go to him, give him a kiss through the net and begin to climb, presenting him with her 7 reminding claws for him to chew off :slapfight: So this is a problem... The p'let has been used to go inside that cage and feel at home, help himself with their food although he is not allowed and knows it (he is very good at pretending not to go down to their bowl... :cool4:) so he won't stop even if we are around he will find excuses.

The budgies' cage is in the living room, the p'let in the kitchen.

The p'let likes my other budgie (Merlin) much better than Nova, but the budgies want to be together (I can't let Merlin out if Nova is locked in), and Twitter isn't really a good friend to Merlin either (which is why I got Nova in the first place, so Merlin would have a nice and safe friend instead of him). They enjoy each other's company but it isn't 100% safe for Merlin so I guess we'll have to forget about boys' time together.

The budgies like to fly free and they use the living room 95% of the time, then they go inside again and that's fine.
The p'let likes to fly free but the kitchen isn't really big, and he is tame/on his own so he craves some time with us, therefore he has to be able to come to the living room with me. If I leave him alone in the kitchen for the whole day he is frustrated, wants to be with me as soon as I come in, and he is more aggressive. I'm in the kitchen only to cook and wash the dishes so he has to come to the living-room sometimes to get some quality time with me. But then, he can easily take a quick trip to the budgies' cage and have 2 secs to be bad... :cautious:

I could of course switch the birds' place but the budgies' cage is built in a cupboard so I can't really move the whole thing in the kitchen, and giving them each other's cages doesn't seem right either...

I don't really know what to do with this situation... :confused:

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Can he stay in his cage in the living room with the budgies during the day? Then just have them have separate out of the cage time?

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
his cage is quite large and stands in the kitchen, that's OK I think, they are used to be locked in when we are not there, but they want to come out when we are home. It is OK to have separate free time, and it is OK for Twitter to have most of his in the kitchen. The trouble comes when he wants to be with me and we are in the living room. The budgies are then inside their cage so no direct contact between them, until he manages to escape me and fly to them. Maybe I could hang a mosquito net in front of their door... :chin: