• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato

Status
Not open for further replies.

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Move into their new tank! :D

So this is their "before" home that they lived in for over year at the neighbour's house:

And this is their new home being set up:

This is how the new tank looked this morning (after being prepared for the last 8 days):

And this is how it looks now:

So, do I have too many plants in there? I might have gone a little overboard. :o:

My mum told me I needed to have a lot of plants for them to begin with because they weren't used to such a big tank and needed places to hide and feel secure in. I have to say they have been spending some time between all the plants so they must enjoy it...?

:lol: Help on setup please!

EDIT: I see that the water in the last photo looks very dark and green! I can assure you that this is just the lighting as this photo was taken only a minute ago at 11pm at night. :)

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
Oh wow! Those fish must be so happy. You don't have too many plants in my opinion...I love the look of a planted tank...the Goldies may uproot them though.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's just perfect! You did a great job. I bet those goldies are in heaven. Beautiful job!

RandomWiktor

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ren
Absolutely beautiful tank, and so nice to see goldfish that are actually well cared for!

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
What a great tank set up. Those goldies probably think they died and went to heaven after being in the tiny tank.

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
That looks fabulous!

What a sweet setup you have there:heart:

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
The tank looks great! I bet they were very happy fish.

cgreenaway

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Wow tha tank looks great!! You definitely don't have too many plants. I have twice as many plants in my tank and my fish love it. :)

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
I love the new tank!!! I don't think you have too many plants, I think it looks perfect.

Hypancistrus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
I think that looks great!! We have fewer plants in our goldfish tank, but mostly because our one fish is a black moor and we were worried about him bumping his eyes and getting hurt. But yours looks FANTASTIC!

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Sharon – Thanks! :) Ugh, they have uprooted a couple already. :rolleyes: I just keep putting them back and hoping for the best. Maybe I can weigh them down with a heavy pebble? The plants, not the fish! :lol:

Judy – Thank you! I really thought I did overdo it with the plants.

Ren – Thanks! :) I had no idea goldfish needed so much room until I joined a budgie forum a few years ago! Who would have thought? I mean, you see them in tiny tanks at pet shops all the time and then if you look at the tanks for sale then you see tiny ones that are recommended for goldfish! So sad. :(

Susan – Thank you! :D

Suenem – Thanks! :D Why couldn’t the neighbours have had a betta instead of goldfish!? :rolleyes: Then I could have saved a lot of money on the setup. Bettas are also prettier imo. (Shhhh, don’t tell BLT I said that! ;))

Anna – Thanks! :)

Newf – Thank you. Well, they all seemed really weak when I first put them in. Then I realised they had never felt a current before and their swimming muscles must be nonexistent because of their previous tank. They are all now happily swimming around and even purposely swimming into the current o catch a ride. :D

Claire – Thanks! Mmmm… maybe I have room for a few more plants then… ;)

Danita - :lol: Thank you! I seem to have an obsession with naming my pets after food items.

Angie – Thanks! :)

Lauren – Thank you! Awww, I love black moors! Those eyes just crack me up! :rofl: Too bad my tank seems to be at it’s capacity. Each of the goldfish have 20 gallons each and from what I’ve read, that is exactly what they need to reach their full size.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
Wonderful setup! It's such a pleasure to see some Goldies that are getting proper care!

Hypancistrus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
Each of the goldfish have 20 gallons each and from what I’ve read, that is exactly what they need to reach their full size.
From what I have read about the comets, this is very true. The fatter-bodied varieties seem to be reccomended 20 gallons for the first fish and 10 gallons each thereafter.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Do fish smile cause I'm sure they are. Very nice!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Wonderful looking tank!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
it looks great, not too many plants - as they grow, you can remove some if needed :)

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Sharpie – Thank you! :) I really dislike it when people don’t do their research before getting a pet… so I try my very best to give my pets what they need to be happy. I’m so glad forums like this one exist because without them I might never have given my pets what they need!

Lauren – Oh okay! :)

Ummm… are mine Comets…? :o: I think Tomato (the small orange one) is, but are Bacon and Lettuce too?

Marie - :lol:

I think Lettuce has the answer to that… ;)

Nope, they certainly don’t! But I think he’s smiling on the inside.

Natacha – Thank you! :D

Gg – Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.