• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Back to the vet.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
So It looks like Roxie may have a UTI- She keeps squatting down to pee but she can't. We're going to the vet this afternoon. Good thoughts please!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Poor Roxy. (And poor you!) I hope it's just a one-time thing or something easily manageable. :fingerscrossed:

Our Jixny used to get UTIs 3-4 times a year. She has a recessed vulva and since she was fixed before her first heat it won't correct itself. So it's either surgery to correct it or I can use baby wipes to clean her after she goes potty. I opted for the wipes & it's really not a problem; she's so good about it. She also used to get struvite crystals so the vet put her on a urinary acidifier gel. Between the gel and the wipes, she hasn't had a UTI since.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope Roxie will be OK.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Okay, so I finally have time to update (busy busy today!)

The vet had her do a urine sample, they're sending it out and we'll have the results tomorrow. Doc said everything looks good physically, so we're thinking UTI. She said worst case scenario, we'll have to come in to pick up meds.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Uti's can be a sign of diabetes in a fur baby. If it becomes more than 1 you may want to ask for a wellness blood sugar test. I'm only mentioning it so that you know in case you didn't. I hope Roxie is Ok.

Sending big healing thoughts to her.

:bighug: To you!