• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby won't in cage

DamJanet

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vickie
Squeak my baby sun conure is 8 weeks old. Not weaned yet but I did expect him to be at 8 weeks. He is getting 3 feelings a day but only eating about 10 ml when he was doing 15. Again I know this is normal since he is fledging. He is not my first hand fed baby.
When he was in his little container, he ate much better. In the cage he is barely eating even with 2-3 food bowls, food on a paper towel. Same bowl as in his cage.
So this morning I put him back in the container and first thing he did was go eat.
Do you think it will be too confusing for me to move him back and forth. He really loves being able to fly in his cage and just flap his wings even. I have a bigger container I can put him in where he can flap his wings easily.

DamJanet

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vickie
Ok , that is what I get for posting before I had coffee. Title is supposed to be eat in cage!

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
:bump8:

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
Maybe you could put his small container inside the cage. That way you could do feelings in the cage and in the small container.

DamJanet

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vickie
Maybe you could put his small container inside the cage. That way you could do feelings in the cage and in the small container.
Thanks! I did end up doing that and he started eating right away. I think it might be that he doesn't like the way the bottom of the cage feels on his feet and that is where the dish is. I have newspaper on top of the crate but think he likes it softer so will give it a couple of days with the container in the cage and then put bedding in bottom without the crate.