• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Update

JCG351

Meeting neighbors
Hello everyone,
It's me again. I have come back to thank everyone who left a message for me in my last post concerning Bebesito which is what I ultimately named my baby bird that passed. All your messages helped and although I know nature is nature I still blame myself for his passing. However, through his death I have come to realize maybe it turned out for the better in more than one way he taught me so much and brought my family together within a short time frame, but also because of difficulties with the father bird now. The father is now plucking one of the babies, the white red-eyed lutino, I noticed this behavior today and although it is not quite grave I began to think what would have happened if the baby did survive...would have the father plucked that one to ultimately leading to his death, since he was so fragile. Well as I'm coping I remind myself he would want me to be happy, although he barely met me. Ps. This is basically to get my emotions out for the night.

In other news the three babies are doing fine I've started to hand feed more regularly as I see the parents aren't quite filling their crop as they normally should be. They are way easier to feed now than beforehand. They're walking and are flapping their wings anxiously waiting to fly. I've seen them stat to mimic the parents in grooming each other although they have yet to fully grow feathers. As well as start to "kiss" each other or rather put their beaks together. The parents as seen in my profile pic are what I suspect a gray tiel and a white pearl pied (they were rescued from an owner selling at a swamp meet type of location where they were not properly taken care of) because of this we didn't know their genders. But we had suspected it was a girl and boy (even the animal hospital nor the shelter could tell). Of the babies one is red-eyed and will be white and yellow (third youngest), another is just like the dad (first born), and the other is a perfect mixture of the two (second). I cannot wait for the adventures to come as the first two have brought so much to my life in just almost a year and 2 months of having them.

Well thank you for reading and I'll update later on the father plucking his baby. I have started to take precaution towards his behavior as for the mom she's not acting the same way. 20170518_164946 (2).jpg 20160507_104842 (1).jpg View attachment 250520 View attachment 250521

Attachments

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sure are cute, you may have to keep Daddy at Bay if he's plucking the babies, hopefully others have more insight for you.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran