• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby tiel Panting

iDarK_PLayeR

Meeting neighbors
As I said before i’m new to tiel

My 3-4 weeks old tiel is panting even though the room temperature is 29-34c which I read it the perfect temperature for his age
I’m not sure if is thirsty or hot because sometimes I see him try to eat kitchen paper ( his bedding)

And one more thing I noticed he doesn’t have feathers in his back i saw some baby tiel at 2 weeks old they have cotton feel feathers

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
29-34 C is quite the range. Generally, panting means too hot. Its best to give them a warm area of their brooder and a cooler area so they can self regulate. I don't know how your brooder is set up, but if its with a heating pad or a heat lamp, he could be too close to the heat source.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Did you ever get a chance to speak with the breeder?

iDarK_PLayeR

Meeting neighbors
Did you ever get a chance to speak with the breeder?
I spoke with him he said the reason he’s selling at that age because he was sick in the hospital for 3 weeks and his son taking care of his birds but he doesn’t know well so he sold all the babies and separated the parents

iDarK_PLayeR

Meeting neighbors
29-34 C is quite the range. Generally, panting means too hot. Its best to give them a warm area of their brooder and a cooler area so they can self regulate. I don't know how your brooder is set up, but if its with a heating pad or a heat lamp, he could be too close to the heat source.
Well since its warm in side the house I thought I didn’t need a brooder with heating pad but i may go to the market and see .

FYI the thermostat I have is for food I don’t know if it could work for weather temperature and no humidity

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well since its warm in side the house I thought I didn’t need a brooder with heating pad but i may go to the market and see .

FYI the thermostat I have is for food I don’t know if it could work for weather temperature and no humidity
If its 34 C in the house, you probably don't need a heating pad. He may even be too hot at that temp. If its 29C he might be feeling a little cool. I'd shoot for keeping him about 1-3 degrees lower than the temp at which he pants. If he's not panting but still sprawled out on the floor of the brooder and acting fidgety, then you might need to drop it another degree or two. The parents are usually on and off their babies all day heating them up a little and then stepping off when they get too hot to cool them down. Since he doesn't have bird parents to do that, you need to keep him at a little more stable temp.