• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby tiel afraid of me

iDarK_PLayeR

Meeting neighbors
Pictures! We want to see your baby! :)
Absolutely!

In the last picture (it was 2 days ago) his back has no feather at all and ive seen pictures of tiel even younger than him has like cotton feather do i need to change his formula ?

and one more think i see him sometimes nibble on everything can i give him hard boiled egg?

Attachments

Max83

Walking the driveway
Is him a lutino so? He seems going well from the pics! Apart from the feathers don't know what it could be, mabe was he being feed too poor from the breeder? BTW have patience and I guess they'll grow out..

Yes you can try to give him hard boiled egg, but make sure you remove them after 1hour because the possible growth of bacteria helped from the high room temperature. Have you tried millet and boiled peas or beans?

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
:faint: What a cutie!

I used to soak millet for 30 min then give it to them. I dont know why he doesn’t have more feathering on his back.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What a beautiful little doll he is. I sure hope he will be okay being this young! Are you in the USA @iDarK_PLayeR ? Was it a breeder in the U.S. that released him so young? His eyes are so bright and sweet!

NirAntae

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jennie
Oh he's so precious!!! :swoon:

It may be stress that's slowed his feathers a bit, or it might have been from variance as you were getting the hang of feeding him, or he might just be a tad slow, there's really no telling. He seems bright and alert and curious from the pics, so I wouldn't worry too much about it unless he starts getting lethargic or displays other signs of issues. Do keep an eye out and make sure he isn't pulling out the pinfeathers as they come in or something of the like, though I highly doubt it's anything like that.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
There's also a possibility that the parents picked the feathers. I would also lean towards the chick being female unless the chick starts singing around 16 weeks old.

You could always start feeding some small pellets, sprouted seeds and soft vegetables to start him/her onto a healthy diet.

Max83

Walking the driveway
Awww he refused the formula by himself? So you did a good work with him! :)

Try to weigh him for the first week so you're sure he doesn't loose too much weight (few grams can happen during weaning, mine didn't lost a single gram so is different for everyone). How are feathers? They seem better, are they growing?

NirAntae

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jennie
What a cutie! <3 His feathers seem to have come on in fine so far. Offer lots of variety during this stage in addition to the millet.. soft veggies and a little fruit, different seeds and nuts, etc.

iDarK_PLayeR

Meeting neighbors
Awww he refused the formula by himself? So you did a good work with him! :)

Try to weigh him for the first week so you're sure he doesn't loose too much weight (few grams can happen during weaning, mine didn't lost a single gram so is different for everyone). How are feathers? They seem better, are they growing?
What a cutie! <3 His feathers seem to have come on in fine so far. Offer lots of variety during this stage in addition to the millet.. soft veggies and a little fruit, different seeds and nuts, etc.
His feathers has grown (little on his wings and the head did not grow yet)
I’m going to feed him orange tomorrow and maybe an apple and I put a cockatiel seed mixture in his cage he kind of just playing with them but I think that how they learn to crack the seeds

Thank you very much for your help.

NirAntae

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jennie
Yep, that's now they learn :) The more variety you offer in the next few days will have a big impact on his food-adventurousness over his life, even if he doesn't "actually" eat much of it... as long as he tries it, he will gradually figure out they are good to eat and how to eat them, and learn that things you give him are generally good to eat making him more willing later to try unfamiliar things. :smuggrin: Take lots of pics, so you can remember these baby days later. They grow so fast, as you've seen!

MLS22

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
really me
I finally bought a parrot

Yesterday I bought a 3-4 weeks old cockatiel the breeder took it from the parents so it not used to human ,i fed it twice so far but it still afraid of me how can i make it not afraid

And i may have more questions but I’ll post them later
from 3 days i bought the same condition he scared of me and not eating from sirange and i force him to eat and still young so he dont know to eat seed :( any advice ??

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
from 3 days i bought the same condition he scared of me and not eating from sirange and i force him to eat and still young so he dont know to eat seed :( any advice ??
Was he being hand fed by the breeder? Can you ask the breeder for help and / or advice?

Forcing him to eat.... from the syringe? If he is not begging, please don't force it - he might breathe the food. If you are putting the syringe down into his crop I hope you know what you are doing.

You can also mix the food and offer it to him on the end of a spoon. I'll attach a photo, you bend it.

Here's a good website.

Bent spoon feeder copy.jpg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If you can't feed him he needs to go back to the breeder for weening. Or as already said until such a time as someone can teach you.
NEVER FORCE FEED, you can kill your bird.