• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

baby parrotlet - age?

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Yes! I have friends over, I'm all excited - "look at our new baby bird, he just hatched!" they're like ewwwww

I have never had baby parrotlets before but - are those parrotlets??? They look like the head is a different color.
they are, they'll be green all over but I think the head is the last to get feathers. They should look like this by the end of the week:

close up.jpg clutch greens.jpg :cantwait::cheer::swoon::loveshower:

Me? Smitten?? Noooooo!!! :dreamyeyes:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Is there something like this for the Pacific Parrotlets?! I've been desperately searching for a picture guide of their lifespan!
I've been looking a while before I found this for the greens, but if you google "parrotlets 1 week" "parrotlet 2 weeks" and so on you could make your own family album ;)

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
if you google "parrotlets 1 week" "parrotlet 2 weeks" and so on you could make your own family album ;)
You know, I tried that but maybe my Boolean phrasing was bad because I couldn't find much of anything until 4wks of age. :(

PacificPaulie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Meagan
What do you mean by "Boolean phrasing?"
QUOTE]

The keywords Google picks up on when doing a search. :D They're called boolean phrases.

Thank you so much for these resources! You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
The keywords Google picks up on when doing a search. :D They're called boolean phrases.
Oh my... I had no idea, I call them key words... Where does that word come from now? I'll have to google it!! :laugh:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh - cuteness overload! :heart: