• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby IRN question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteHippieChic

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kitty Mel
So from what I have read baby IRN's start talking / mimicking at about 8 months but... Can a baby IRN who is almost 14 weeks be mimicking already??? When Jelly Belly Bean is hungry she does a noise that sounds like a baby sun not a baby IRN.. The breeder I got her/him from was feeding a baby sun at the same time and I swear my baby IRN makes the :eek:baby sun noise... Hope this makes sense... How do i discourage this???

Last edited:

Sparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
I don't think there is a way to do that! Bird pick up noises and we can't control that, unfortunately!

CuteHippieChic

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kitty Mel
I figured =/ That's ok I love her/him which ever Jelly Bean might be.. Maybe eventually she will start making cute IRN noises... =)

CuteHippieChic

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kitty Mel
So it is possible for them to mimick noises that young???

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
:lol:of all of the things to pick up!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I suppose they could pick up a noise that young. Jelly Bean saw what went on with the sunnie- FOOD!-so, why not try that noise. Titan was hand fed,and the breeder wore a lot of jewlery.So after we got him, he was attracted to anyone with jewlery, in particular, rings!
I wouldn't worry too much about sunnie noises now. Being just a little one, Jelly Bean will pick up a LOT of noises as s/he grows, and maybe, if you're lucky, WORDS! :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jingo was talking at 8 weeks, I think it's definitely possible :)

Rebecca in Israel

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Rebecca
Whatever sounds your baby IRN is making are sounds they are comfortable with. My IRN babies are making whimpering type of sounds when they are hungry and a type of crying sound when they are afraid. The sound when they are afraid they begin only after they hear their parents give out a certain type of cry when a cat is near the aviary for instance. I will try to record the sounds they make so that you can compare.

DeeDeeeeee

Strolling the yard
my 10 month old, sounds like my gcc all the time :elmo:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Must be possible.

My Indian Ringneck didn't start mimicking/talking until he was around 9-10 months old.

myrka2004

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marina
So from what I have read baby IRN's start talking / mimicking at about 8 months but... Can a baby IRN who is almost 14 weeks be mimicking already??? When Jelly Belly Bean is hungry she does a noise that sounds like a baby sun not a baby IRN.. The breeder I got her/him from was feeding a baby sun at the same time and I swear my baby IRN makes the :eek:baby sun noise... Hope this makes sense... How do i discourage this???
My Rio started to talk at 7 months old and no stops.

CuteHippieChic

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kitty Mel
So I have read everything possible to detour Jelly bean from doing the Sun scream.. Now not only does she do it she does it constantly round the clock.. My CAG and Senegal now do the Sun scream as well.. It's driving me crazy please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.