• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Green Wing macaw refusing formula at 11 weeks old

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Wow such great news, so glad he is back :)

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
I'm new here and I read the first post and freaked, calmed myself and went to the last post from @txdyna65 and then @Just-passn-thru and was relieved. :bighug: I've now finished reading page 16, and I'm so happy!!! :congrats5: He's back!!! I'm sooo relieved and happy for you and him! :starshower::starshower:(quietly).

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Good morning guys. Prince Robert is back. I type this with tears in my eyes.
And I read this with tears in my eyes. I'm so happy that you get him back. :)
I have been thinking of you a lot, and felt really sad when you didn't updated this thread.
I really can't believe it's true that you got him back after so long time. Be very very grateful! ♥

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
OMG That's the best news I've heard forever.
Miracles do happen, and love won out.
Who'd imagine with so much time passing that Robert even remembered how to get home.
That he actually set out and made it is almost unbelievable.
This story needs to be a book!
Chad, if you ever wondered about Robert's love, wonder no longer.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What amazing and wonderful news!! It's sad that the person who found him and had him wouldn't return him so it's good that he flew away again and has finally found his way home.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I am so happy Chad! I have often wondered about you and Robert and hoped we would hear from you again. Good, good news!
Once you are settled I hope you share the story and some photos.

Heather F

Oh Chad that is such wonderful news! I have thought of you and Robert often and hoped against hope that one day you would be reunited. :starshower::party::starshower:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Is anyone in contact with Chad? Is Robert OK?

I pray the flight home didn't put him in a dangerous condition, I know Chad said he was weak and thin.

Just worried.

Please update us Chad, good or bad.

chad84

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Hi guys,
Good morning,

Pictures will be coming soon as he looks a little better. He is being pampered with every food you can imagine.
We had an idea of the area he was but couldn't pinpoint the actual house. But seeing that Robert was well known, many rumours about who had him emerged. People said there was a home that recently got a large red Macaw and they were trying to cut his wings and he won't let them. It's illegal to go to other people's homes and accuse them or stand in their driveway even if they have no fence or gate is open.

He doesn't wanna leave our side.
He came back mumbling all sorts of new things. He sounded a little like a wild macaw.
Every lunchtime another macaw comes and sits on his cage and they mumble together. I invited this stranger inside many times for a treat, but he wouldn't cross the front door.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Joey wade There was once a forum member who lived in S FL who had five tame macaws and all o the wild macaws would come in daily and eat and visit with her tame macaws. She posted several videos and pictures of their interaction.

@chad84 - I'm so glad that Robert is back. Does he act ill or just malnourished? Hold him close and give him lots of love.

chad84

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Another wild macaw comes to chat with Robert? There are wild macaws where you live? Still so amazed by this story.
Over the years many macaws have escaped forming several feral populations. They even pass down speech to their offspring. So it's not uncommon to hear a group flying by screaming "shut up"!
Many wild Macaws also make the journey from nearby rain forests to other rain forests. But our population here is about 1800 blue and gold & 300 green wing. Both feral (mostly) and immigrants.

chad84

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
@Joey wade There was once a forum member who lived in S FL who had five tame macaws and all o the wild macaws would come in daily and eat and visit with her tame macaws. She posted several videos and pictures of their interaction.

@chad84 - I'm so glad that Robert is back. Does he act ill or just malnourished? Hold him close and give him lots of love.
He 'seems' ok and vets have given him a bill of clean health. No sickness, no deficiencies, 100% well. He eats everything in sight. Looks a little malnourished but vet said he isn't. He said wild macaw have a rough life and don't even get to eat every day :(
Only pet macaw always look full and vibrant.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
He's a hungry young man. Speaking of, how old is Robert now?

chad84

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
He is around 23 months old. Still has many baby features. Eyes have no turned grey yet. Still sort of honey coloured. But lower beak is completely black. He is acting like such the baby. I give him a bath everyday to assist his preening. He looks better everyday.