• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Gecko

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Adorable! We do not have any lizards here aside from the anoles. I loved all the lizards when I lived in South FL. When we moved here, and I saw my first Green Anole (chameleon) I was so excited. So alittle FL thing with me, and it makes me feel bad in the winter that they can actually survive here in the cold we can get some nasty single digits but mostly winters in Central NC are mild.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Wow... so tiny!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I have lizards inmy plumie patio. I see babies too! I saw one the other day up close about 6 inches & it was sort of leopard spotted! They eat bugs & crickets & are welcome to as many as they like!!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Omg so cute!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Saw a baby lizard out there in the middle garden patch! A small one he saw me & froze.
I don;t care as lizard eat bugs & not plants I hope but no plants eaten so guess they are OK>

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So cute! ♥

It reminded me of friday's running. At the moment our baby frogs (they are protected in Sweden and sadly getting less and less for each year) are moving/walking and sadly crossing the roads too.
When I saw all those tiny little frogs on the road and the cars that was passing and killing them I stop running and was rescued as many as I could.
Almost all the cars that was passing (me: one person running like an idiot from side to side :bliss: ) they where slowing down and drove carefully. (in fact we are little bit a frog protector country)
I tried to pick up as many as I could, and sometimes I had over 20 in my hands (that was tickling me, begging to let them go) before I run over to the other side and release them.
When I consider my job done I was gong back home, and it felt so good. Like to paying back to Mother Nature.

A normal sight in Sweden:
Frogs passing by, road closed.

And this was the size of the baby frogs:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
So cute! ♥

It reminded me of friday's running. At the moment our baby frogs (they are protected in Sweden and sadly getting less and less for each year) are moving/walking and sadly crossing the roads too.
When I saw all those tiny little frogs on the road and the cars that was passing and killing them I stop running and was rescued as many as I could.
Almost all the cars that was passing (me: one person running like an idiot from side to side :bliss: ) they where slowing down and drove carefully. (in fact we are little bit a frog protector country)
I tried to pick up as many as I could, and sometimes I had over 20 in my hands (that was tickling me, begging to let them go) before I run over to the other side and release them.
When I consider my job done I was gong back home, and it felt so good. Like to paying back to Mother Nature.

A normal sight in Sweden:
Frogs passing by, road closed.

And this was the size of the baby frogs:

Cute!!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The little gecko and baby frog are so cute. There are lots of very tiny baby lizards here right now.
The little frog reminds me of the wood frogs I used to have.