• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby cockatiels.

Janeen0416

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Janeen
Hi my cockatiels have one baby so far that hatched and I noticed dad does want mom around the baby wouldn’t let her clean the baby and it just hatched around 3:40 shouldn’t they feed it soon or do they wait 8 hours and why is he not wanting her around the baby and bitting her. Thanks

Janeen0416

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Janeen
Little update they feed it this much is that normal?
IMG_2224.jpeg

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are they experienced parents? For a little one that still has an egg tooth on its beak it looks ok. Their crops are tiny so they don’t hold much when they first hatch. The first few hours after hatching they are still living off the yolk they absorbed right before hatching. The parents may wait several hours before they start to feed a hatchling.

Janeen0416

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Janeen
Yes they raised up a some babies already and my male keeps being mean to the female like he doesn’t want her by the baby he wants to do it all is that normal to?

Janeen0416

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Janeen
Are they experienced parents? For a little one that still has an egg tooth on its beak it looks ok. Their crops are tiny so they don’t hold much when they first hatch. The first few hours after hatching they are still living off the yolk they absorbed right before hatching. The parents may wait several hours before they start to feed a hatchling.
Forgot to say it hatched out at like 3:40 today.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
As long as they've been successful in the past I wouldn't worry about it. If he's being really aggressive and trying to hurt the chick then I would be concerned.

Janeen0416

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Janeen
As long as they've been successful in the past I wouldn't worry about it. If he's being really aggressive and trying to hurt the chick then I would be concerned.
thanks he is a good dad and mom is good mom but he definitely takes his job seriously and he even sleeps in the box at night.