• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Baby Cape!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Walked past a bird store today that I'd never noticed before... much to my surprise, they had two baby Capes!!! Brother and sister. I was :xflove::xflove::xflove: within seconds. We've been looking for a second female Cape for literally years now. We were all set to adopt one of Scott Lewis's retired breeders when she sadly passed away in her sleep just about a week before she was supposed to come home to us (she was well over 30 years old, possibly much older, but was wild caught). Almost found one on Craigslist and then the owner just ghosted us. :(

We didn't bring the female home because we're still hopeful we can find one to adopt. She was a real sweetie though. She's going through her first molt hence why she looks kind of shaggy. The store also clipped her wings, which I guess is normal for bird stores, but I would have preferred her to be fully fledged. She's such a cutie though. And if anybody hears of any adult female Capes looking for a new home out there, please let us know! :heart:

IMG_6030.jpg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute. I'm glad I don't live near that store. That would be TOO tempting.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Very cute!