• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Caique hatched tonight

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:heart2:

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Baby day 20
Been raging that I couldnt fine the baby scales which I bought 6 months ago, specifically to check neonate progress. Assumed I brought it to my home in Capetown during the quasi move which happened last year.

Pity I cant find the baby scales, sez I to my partner, who replied, "Its in the drawer with the cutlery"

In the DRAWER, with the CUTLERY??????

Must be the maid. She puts things away in very odd places. Im not used to maids, feel like the master in Downton Abbey, having a maid round the house

Anyhoo, I weighed baby before his breakfast this morning. he was very active, wouldnt stand still, So I left him on the scales a minute or two and took a few snaps. Looks like the best average of his weight is about 66gms

Only website table I could find suggests 50 gms for caiques at this stage.

Totally unconcerned, Num Nums had a fat bum before she could fly, now she zooms around the house slim and fit

IMG_20190525_095415 (1).jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Nik Nak looks good to me.

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Do not adjust your set. Vid taken through the plexiglass roof of the incubator.

Wanted baby to stay warm while food heating. Note hes able to stand up straight now. Hold his head up high like a superstar lol

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Awww how precious! :heart::heart:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Omg he is so cute. He is going to be like his mom I think and all over the place.

You know they are making a movie for Downton Abby Maybe the birds can make a cameo for you :D

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
In Downton Abbey, one would be summoning the maid/housekeeper to bring the scale....

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Got evil looks from the girl at the supermarket checkout when the obvious bulge under my sweater started moving..

Seriously, what's wrong with her. Doesn't everyone have a parrot up their jersey?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Got evil looks from the girl at the supermarket checkout when the obvious bulge under my sweater started moving..

Seriously, what's wrong with her. Doesn't everyone have a parrot up their jersey?
You could have had a rat inside your jumper ... you should have shown the "evil woman" what you really had.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

:rofl:

Usually!

Actually I'm laughing really hard because I have all these tabs open trying to choose a place where I can sneak off and write for a few days....and I'm wondering which bird can go with me. Caiques are out. I'm thinking the parrotlet or the Pionus. They're quiet. No one will know......except for that moving bulge.:giggle:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Nik Nak is growing so fast! He sure is serious about mealtime! Latches on to his spoon for dear life! Thanks again for sharing him with us!!!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
You could have had a rat inside your jumper ... you should have shown the "evil woman" what you really had.
When I was a little kid we had rats and mice etc. My favorite was a hooded male rat I named ratty. I would take him everywhere with me. He was great at riding on a shoulder or in a pocket in my hoody. I'm sure I freaked out a lot of older people but he was my buddy and we did everything together. He loved having the center of his head stroked and would close his eyes and grind his teeth.