• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Baby Broto Sounds?

schnitzle

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Schnitzle
Clover is 11 weeks old and now that she's becoming more comfortable with us we've noticed her doing this odd but cute thing. It seems to happen when she's sleepy, or just content and relaxed. She'll puff all up, start bobbing her head gently and then make these tiny baby peeps! These are not part of any of the regular sounds she makes at all, they're just specific to this behavior.

We've tried giving her some favorite foods when this happens, but she doesn't really seem to want them. She sometimes likes scritches during this time, and sometimes not.

Have other CWP parents seen this before? What does it mean?

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
I have not seen Georgie (my canary-wing) do this when she was younger. However, when she was younger and she still does, she will puff up and talk to herself when she is tired and going to sleep or when she's content.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That sounds like Valentine, when she goes to bed and is covered she has a whole library of peeps and cheeps. I came out one night to listen, she keeps it up all night but not during the day. :sing:

schnitzle

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Schnitzle
Thanks @greys4u and @Cat The Great. I guess it's just a comfy happy peep :xflove:

It's just so babyish that we were worries that she was hungry or I don't know what! She doesn't do much "talking" to herself when getting ready to sleep. She just mainly does her beak grinding. Hopefully as she gets older we'll hear some of that!

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
I have no help for you but she is so Stinkin' cute I can't stand it!:heart: What a sweet little baby.

schnitzle

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Schnitzle
I have no help for you but she is so Stinkin' cute I can't stand it!:heart: What a sweet little baby.
Aww thanks! We're so in love with her. But I will say that she can also be a bit of a brat :roflmao: She definitely has her own ideas about things even though she is so young!