• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby BnG legit breeders

Mamags

Moving in
Real Name
Donna Gilliam
I want to get a baby blue and gold macaw. I’ve searched online and most seem like scams. Even on bird breeders.com there are scam breeders. I got scammed out of a $500 deposit from a man on there. Any suggestions on who to go to is much appreciated. No rescues are around me. Utah is very limited in exotic birds. And I really want a baby that has been weaned.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Avalon Aviary. I do not know if they have any currently, but I would try them first.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They’re not breeding BnG’s anymore
Sorry. Many of the older breeders that I know of have retired for one reason or another. I will check and get back to you if no one else has. @aooratrix may know of someone, but I am not positive.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
With Macaws I would strongly suggest adopting.

Mamags

Moving in
Real Name
Donna Gilliam
Not many rescues have macaws or ship them. We don’t have many here in Utah.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I'm in the same boat as @expressmailtome. Most, if not all, of the quality breeders I know are out of aviculture, one way or the other. I'm not comfortable recommending someone of whom I have no knowledge. However, B&Gs are the most prolific of the large macaws, and there are almost always MANY available. I have heard of people finding older birds to adopt on craigslist, but it wouldn't be my first choice. You can also check out birdbreeders.com, hookbillsforsale, and birdsnow. Be careful, ask for a video call, and trust your gut. If they want $ before you meet, run like the wind.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
There is a man near Pittsburgh that has Silvernite Aviaries. I think he sometimes has macaws but I don't believe he ships.

I too would encourage you though to consider adopting. There are always macaws in need of good homes. I help with a small rescue and we have 5 right now. All really great birds.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What about BrianB? Isn't he breeding macaws?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What about BrianB? Isn't he breeding macaws?
I was going to suggest him but he hasn't been on AA in awhile I don't think. I've tagged him several times lately and no replies. I hope he's OK. @BrianB

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
There's a lot of blue and gold breeders out there, but you may have to wait a few weeks for them to appear on the market. It's breeding season now, so I'd expect to see more for sale in about a month.

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
JaKhu hatched in April & I got her in August. So I'd guess there will be chicks soon & weaned by August-September.